Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 25 Jan 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygodmum
I want to go now!

UK safari lodges

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Port Lympne lodges or West Midlands safari lodges and your experiences of either of these. Looking for something really special for a big birthday.

Thank you!
disneygodmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
My brother has stayed at Port Lympne a couple of times, he recommended getting one that comes with a golf buggy, and somewhere that doesn't trap you in a particular location overnight. For example, he said the best bit of the night was driving around the zoo at night with nobody else around.
I should be booking one this year, we are going for the Forest Hideaway
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ive never managed to find affordable dates at WMS but have seen the lodges whilst driving around and they look incredible!

Edited at 01:45 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve been considering booking one of the WMS lodges but most of the calendar seems to be booked up for the foreseeable future if you want a giraffe or cheetah one. They do look amazing so we’re going to keep checking in case they have any cancellations. The red panda lodge is available on most dates we checked but we sit and watch those at Chester Zoo almost on a weekly basis 😂
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

We stayed at Port Lympne a few years ago in a treehouse lodge/villa. It was amazing, would definitely recommend it, I would also agree it was great to have a golf buggy to get around, and we loved driving around in the evening and first thing in the morning when the park was empty.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygodmum
I want to go now!

Thank you so much. All really helpful. LauraE-could I ask if you can access the treehouses without going up the stairs at the front? One of the party struggles with lots of stairs but the accommodation looks great!
disneygodmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

There are lots of steps up I’m afraid, we had a baby in a buggy which wasn’t ideal either. But managed it and they were amazing! The cleaners seemed to come in from a road up the back, so I guess there must be a different way, you could always ask if you could access that route I guess. The views were amazing, one of our highlights was sitting outside the pizza restaurant in the evening hearing all the lions roar!
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Parkdean does lovely glamping lodges on lots of places.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My manager stayed at an elephant lodge at the WMS - she said it was absolutely amazing and highly recommended it.
Old 5 Feb 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thank you for posting this, I’d never heard about the lodges at WMS, I’ve just booked a Rhino one to celebrate my big birthday in May, I’m so excited, we got it for £490 which is expensive but hopefully it’ll be worth it x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List