Notices

Old 17 Oct 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

October 18 Its Meant To Be A Cheapie - Day 3

Daniel decided to wake us all up at 5am with constant sheet rustling. I normally wear earplugs for this specific reason but hadn't been able to locate them last night as they'd all fallen asleep and insisted I put the lights out while finishing my trippie. We tried to doze for a bit but eventually gave up around 6am. We all got showered and dressed and I finished off the last bit of packing. We had a quick check round the room, I went to check out and then we were on our way to Hard Rock. We were all a bit excited about this, we enjoyed Cabana Bay but we hope Hark Rock will be a bit more special. We pulled up at 7.50am.

It didn't take long to get checked in and the bags to bell services. We got our Rock Royalty stickers on our room keys and went off to the 7th floor to explore the Club Lounge. Apologies for the lack of photos I will try harder tomorrow - it was heaving in here!

We managed to feed our faces though, here is a selection

There was a good selection and the staff were great at refilling it and clearing the tables.

We grabbed some water for the park and went off to find the walkway to Universal.

We were all amused by this sign at the end of the path, wonder what happens if you dare to jog on?

We got into the park fairly quickly and I headed to the photo shop to redeem my photo package. I'd picked mobile delivery which stated I could just take my phone to the shop to redeem it. I could have printed it, but didn't due to the instructions. Turns out that's not true so after sending the email to the shop twice and it not working I had to go stand in line at guest services. I was pretty angry. It took about 15 minutes to be handed a new barcode then I had to go back to the shop to pick up the lanyard etc. I had sent Scott and the kids off to Rip Ride Rocket and they met me just as I was finishing up. I started to calm down at bit.

We headed to Transformers and had very little wait with our Express Passes.

The boys needed a bathroom break, so Abbie modelled her Hard Rock water, feeling all daring as she thinks she stole it.

We headed off to Gringotts next.

We stopped for a photo on the way to the vault.

After our ride we headed for the Hogwarts Express, Abbie was desperate for a photo going through Platform 9 and 3/4, I tried my best but it was quite busy.

Only trouble was now I had to do a lot of excuse me-ing to catch back up with them.

Express Pass saved us a lot of time in this bit, it seemed pretty busy today. A quick train journey later and we were at Hogsmeade.

I went off to say hello to Moaning Myrtle.

And the kids did some more spells, I think Scott ends up doing them all as he has more patience than the kids! If it doesn't work first time they give up.

We stopped to watch the Tri Wizard Ralley for a bit, I don't know how those Beau Batons girls manage to look so elegant when it's so hot!

We headed off to the castle for our next ride. The lockers were carnage as usual.

Getting the ride photo at the end took forever, it's a shame they haven't got the great technology Disney have to automatically link your photos! After all that time it's a rubbish photo... I think the kids hate this ride, I don't know why they insist on going on it!

See it is a rubbish photo.

The kids went off for a go on the Hippogryf while we waited for them.

Then we headed off towards Jurassic Park, stopping for a photo on the way... I need to get my moneys worth now, especially after all the hassle.

We also stopped for a dinosaur selfie.

We hopped on Jurassic Park, a walk-on with the Express Passes. We all enjoy this ride, we only got a wee bit wet.

Thumbs up is the ride pose for this holiday in case you are wondering. We like to have a theme. We walked round to Kong where the kids checked if there were any scarers in the queue, the attendant told them not in the Express line, phew. They had both been too freaked out by the scarer in the normal line in the summer that they didn't ride and as we are naughty parents we rode without them. So far so good we were all in and express passes scanned, then a Daniel decided he didn't want to ride so he went back out through the entrance. Abbie wanted to get one over on her big brother so she stuck it out. It was quite a wait! Maybe 15/20 minutes. I think this ride is just meh.

Here she is looking all smug in the queue, here's how she looked before it.

Daniel was waiting for us at the exit. Tummies were rumbling so we went off in search of food.

We ended up here and had a footlong chilli dog and chilli cheese fries. I was too tight to buy a drink as I didn't see the point of reactivating the mug at this point in the day and we had some water left from earlier.

This was surprisingly nice, much nicer than the last hotdog we got in Toon Lagoon in the summer.

After a quick photostop we headed for Doctor Dooms Fear Fall - Abbie had been going on and on about this all day, it's her favourite.

We all like it but us grownups always say to each other it's a shame you see all the mess behind the scenes. It's no Tower of Terror, that's my favourite!

Next up was Spider-Man, we all failed the thumbs up challenge. Then it was the Hulk.

Another photo fail, never mind we can try again tomorrow. After this we went on the Storm Force Acceleratron. Good fun, but I felt a bit sick afterwards. I was nearly 2pm and even though we hadn't had a text from Hard a Rock to say our room was ready we decided to head back. We stopped in the gift shop on the way out and this caught Scott's eye. I though he was going a bit soft in his old age.

Turns out he just couldn't believe the price - $30! It's teeny tiny too!

We stopped off for an ice cream, I can't remember the flavour but it had cookie dough and fudge and was very nice, this portion was enough for all 4 of us. We also got an ice water, Scott's turn to be tight this time.

We saw the Hard Rock boat pull in to the dock as we walked along so hopped on. A few minutes later we arrived and headed to reception.

Phew! Our room was ready, the receptionist said she'd arrange for our bags to come up.

We had a great view over the pool.

The bags arrived really quickly and I did a wee bit of unpacking but before too long we were down by the pool... bliss!

The kids were off joining in the dance challenge before long and the adults ordered a couple of drinks... I have photos this time.

An Electric Ladyland for me and a Woodford Mule for Scott. I liked mine, he wasn't keen on his, the ginger beer was too gingery. He still drank it though. We dipped in and out of the pool and eventually got another drink a hurricane for me this time (in a very cool tiki glass which you get to keep) and a boring beer for Scott. It took agggges to arrive this time.

After a bit of nonsense with the kids we headed back to the room to dry off and check of the club level offerings.

The bar was set up in the hallway and it was very very busy! There was a decent selection of wine and beer. I had a rose and Scott had a beer. We managed to squeeze into a table at the back. The food in offer tonight was crudités and hummus, mozzarella and tomato salad, olives and pickles, mini beef wellingtons and a cheese selection. We all had a bit and Scott and I had a few drinks. Then we headed back to the room to put our feet up.

Scott fell asleep and didn't get back up! I took the kids along for hot chocolate and cookies at 8.30pm. Then I got them off to bed and did my trippie for a bit. I turned around 10pm after another long day. I'm going to need a holiday when I get home!

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 17 Oct 18 2:03 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 17 Oct 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love the Hard Rock, we're booked for 2 nights next year at the end of the our holiday, so can't wait to enjoy it with the family. Another good day, apart from the issues with your photo card.
Old 17 Oct 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Oh I do love Hard Rock - super day again, although I thought the breakfast offerings at your SeaWorld Hotel looked much nicer.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love the hard rock x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi could you do your passes at the hotel or did you have to use a park kiosk? Cheers
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lufcgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

great photos, weather again looks fab and parks did not look too busy.hotel looks good .
lufcgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Oh I do love Hard Rock - super day again, although I thought the breakfast offerings at your SeaWorld Hotel looked much nicer.
I think I have to agree, but the club level offering at HR is only billed as continental, so can’t complain. We didn’t go hungry and may have procured a few extra cereal pots for our stay at Grande Villas!
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Hi could you do your passes at the hotel or did you have to use a park kiosk? Cheers
The Express Passes? They are your room key, so when you check in they give them too you, each person gets one. You can get these even if your room isn’t ready, they’ll text you the room number and the keys will be activated later in the day. They don’t have your photo anymore, they do a facial scan at each attraction instead now.