Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Nov 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Wow a very long day. We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency ourselves overnight a few times when we were staying on the Gulf Coast the next day and this year because we were doing a cruise. Very nice hotel, your pictures bring back memories...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you had a relatively smooth journey (turbulence aside). Looking forward to reading about the cruise as it happens
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a hassle free day, hotel looks lovely!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you had a good day, if rather long. I love your view, it must be great for people watching, though I guess you were too tired for that.

Looking forward to reading about the cruise.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Happy Anniversary!

Great first day, what a long journey! Clearing immigration in Dublin makes such a difference. I’m sure not having to travel from the airport on that first night would be great. Look forward to reading the rest of your adventures.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Eeesh that’s a long day with rain at the start, somewhat overpriced breakfast and then boarding pass faff. That lounge looked good though
I’m not a huge AL fan but my goodness pre clearance makes a difference when you arrive tired at the other end and what a fabulous start . How lovely to be treated so well. Fab view and fab room too. Hope cruise is going well.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A long but good travel day the Hyatt looks lovely 😊

Joan
Thank you Joan, yes the Hyatt was great

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
You’re up early!

The Hyatt looks lovely and nice anniversary treats.
The snacks in the lounge look tasty too
It was lovely, a good decision to stay there. Not a bad food day at all! Thanks for reading Emma

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
A smooth but long travel day... always is from Aberdeen though 😬 we haven’t used that route yet but it may be one to think about?
Glad you got a lovely room at the Hyatt... it’s so nice when the hotel acknowledges a special occasion 🥂
I think the route would be better without the Abz-Lhr part, it was a pointless really.

We were so delighted with the Hyatt. Thank you for reading Julie

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Wow, what a long travel day. You must have been shattered. That room at the Hyatt is fabulous - and what a lovely touch with the Anniversary gifts. Laughed out loud at Neil toasting for one more year - an eternal optimist
We were so tired by the end of the day, but determined to enjoy the champagne and strawberries regardless! Yes, he's a cynic 🙄 Thank you for reading

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So glad they granted your room request, you wouldn't have really felt like you were in the airport without the view would you!?

Nik said 'it would be nice to stay there one trip wouldn't it', he meant for the entire trip, I told him that might be a bit of a drive to the parks every day haha.
I was so happy to get the airport view, it was fab.

Lol, one night was great, but a whole holiday there?! I can just imagine your face when Nick suggested that!

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
That's a long travel day. Thought it was bad enough indirect from Edinburgh. Pre clearance at Dublin is great. Hyatt looks brilliant. Thinking of Aer Lingus next year so thanks for posting. Have a great holiday.
Yes, it's a very long day from Aberdeen . The pre-clearance is great, so easy and stress free compared to doing it in the US. Thank you

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad it all ran smoothly in the end. I'd have been worrying about why they couldn't check us in for all the flights in 1 go...but still it all worked out. You had the same thing as us with the luggage taking ages to come out! It was weird that a few cases came and then nothing for such a long time.

What a lovely thing for the hotel to do, the chocolates look so cute. Plus the view from the room is fab. Happy anniversary.
I knew if worst came to worst we could check in at the airport, and because there's only 2 of us and no kids I was fairly certain if that happened we would still be able to sit together. No idea what was going on with the bags!

Thank you, the hotel was great

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Happy Anniversary 👍
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
What a long day! You’re there now though 💃🕺🏽

Lol at Neil - you should make him sleep on the couch for that comment 😂

Happy anniversary 🥂
It wouldn't have been much of a punishment, the couch was comfy too! Thank you Ali

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
Wow a very long day. We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency ourselves overnight a few times when we were staying on the Gulf Coast the next day and this year because we were doing a cruise. Very nice hotel, your pictures bring back memories...
I think it's a great idea as an overnight stay before going on elsewhere. Aw, glad my pics bring back memories, it's a lovely hotel

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Glad you had a relatively smooth journey (turbulence aside). Looking forward to reading about the cruise as it happens
Thank you, yes we did have quite a bit of turbulence off and on through the whole flight. Back on land now, so I'll get the cruise days posted. We didn't have wifi so I'm totally out of touch with what's been happening in the world for the last 3 days!

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds like a hassle free day, hotel looks lovely!
Wasn't too bad a day, just long. The hotel was indeed lovely. Thanks for reading

Old 5 Nov 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Sounds like you had a good day, if rather long. I love your view, it must be great for people watching, though I guess you were too tired for that.

Looking forward to reading about the cruise.
We managed a few minutes of people watching, and then some more in the morning over coffee! It's a great spot

Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Happy Anniversary!

Great first day, what a long journey! Clearing immigration in Dublin makes such a difference. I’m sure not having to travel from the airport on that first night would be great. Look forward to reading the rest of your adventures.
Thank you! The pre-clearance was great, so easy and it was fab not having to worry about driving after such a long day.

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Eeesh that’s a long day with rain at the start, somewhat overpriced breakfast and then boarding pass faff. That lounge looked good though
I’m not a huge AL fan but my goodness pre clearance makes a difference when you arrive tired at the other end and what a fabulous start . How lovely to be treated so well. Fab view and fab room too. Hope cruise is going well.
Admittedly it wasn't a great start But the day definitely got better. It was wonderful getting the treats from the hotel, made our day. Thanks amanda

Edited at 11:28 PM.