Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Nov 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

Booking DCL as a surprise

Hi there!

First time cruiser here so I’m a bit lost! It’s my DBF’s 30th next June and one of the Med cruises is sailing on his Birthday! 😍 we’ve spoken about doing a cruise for ages but since covid we’ve never gotten a chance.

I’d like to book 7 nights on the magic as a surprise and just tell him we are going to Barcelona, but is it possible to keep it a secret? I know with WDW bookings when I amend dining or park reservations he usually gets an email too as he’s linked on my Disney account.

Do they send anything out prior to you departing? Like luggage tags and an info pack? (Secretly hoping we get free luggage tags as I love a freebie &#128514

Also I’ve read loads of places that you should inform them if you are celebrating but I can’t find out how I do this! Although I have found the page for ordering cakes etc!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice, completely new to me!
PrincessRebex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yes so in terms of luggage tags they get sent out to the address/addresses on the booking so this could happen. Depending on how you book the cruise (as in if you link his email to it etc) then he might get emails about the booking.

You can inform them you are celebrating online after tis booked. You don't need to order a cake unless you really want to (they do give you an individual slice of cake onboard when you are celebrating usually anyway).
Old 4 Nov 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Just to say the luggage tags are just the same as you get at an airport .. the ones with the big barcodes on.
The ones you get for debarkation are better but still just made of thick paper, not anything to write home about!

You will have one email address registered for receiving info from DCL, but if that's a different one to your MDE log in, then he may get stuff.

Joa
Old 5 Nov 21, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Yes so in terms of luggage tags they get sent out to the address/addresses on the booking so this could happen. Depending on how you book the cruise (as in if you link his email to it etc) then he might get emails about the booking.

You can inform them you are celebrating online after tis booked. You don't need to order a cake unless you really want to (they do give you an individual slice of cake onboard when you are celebrating usually anyway).
Thank you so much for your helpful reply! 😍 Great news about the cake 😂
PrincessRebex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Just to say the luggage tags are just the same as you get at an airport .. the ones with the big barcodes on.
The ones you get for debarkation are better but still just made of thick paper, not anything to write home about!

You will have one email address registered for receiving info from DCL, but if that's a different one to your MDE log in, then he may get stuff.

Joa
Aww I was really hoping for the ones you used to get with WDW bookings! never mind! Thank you so much for your helpful reply! It will just be my email linked to the booking so hopefully he doesn’t receive anything and I’m sure I can bluff something about the letter being junk mail!