Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 25 Nov 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow you meal look fabulous Michelle, what a lovely idea to share it with your neighbours...I also think elasticated waist will be my friend on Saturday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Wow! What amazing Thanksgiving meals you guys have made. I will be cheating and have a table booked at Ale & Compass for dinner.
I think you win! Have an incredible meal.

Everyone's food looks delicious! I hope you've all had a lovely day. After 12 hour in the kitchen I am shattered!

Michelle, your presentation is beautiful! I especially like the green bean bundles and that was so lovely of you to share with your neighbours. We are going to be eating leftovers for days.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Pumpkin Pie and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits for lunch

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - never, ever again. The mess and the icing is hiding the fact there's nothing 'rolly' about them

A slightly well done Sweet Potato Casserole - I braved the marshmallows and it was actually nice!

The turkey looks a bit pale but it was actually delicious. An Oakham joint from M&S, probably the most moist turkey we've had.

Mac and cheese we'll be eating for weeks

Pecan Pie Cheesecake - this was SO good. The cream is hiding the fact that I burnt it and had to saw the top part off

I've had a fun day! I'm thankful for all you lovely Dibbers who love the USA as much as I do.

Edited at 11:57 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I had a lovely dinner with friends
Deep fried turkey absolutely amazing and not at all greasy, creamed corn casserole
Sweet potatoe casserole that's all,wrong with savoury ,mashed potatoes,Yorkshire pudding they went down a storm green beans and cornbread stuffing and Virginia Ham
The most delighted cranberry mouse ,chocolate pecan pie and my dessert which was very well received
All eaten on the pool deck
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh Colette I think you've outdone yourself!

The cinnamon rolls look fab even if they were a nightmare to bake. Your whole spread looks delicious. Well done for trying out the marshmallows! That's brave. It looks great. I would never had been able to tell the pecan pue cheesecake was burnt, I hope it tasted nice after you cut off the burnt bits.

It sounds like you were busy all day cooking and you've got lots of leftovers.

I'm going shopping after work today ready for tomorrow.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - never, ever again. The mess and the icing is hiding the fact there's nothing 'rolly' about them

A slightly well done Sweet Potato Casserole - I braved the marshmallows and it was actually nice!

The turkey looks a bit pale but it was actually delicious. An Oakham joint from M&S, probably the most moist turkey we've had.

Pecan Pie Cheesecake - this was SO good. The cream is hiding the fact that I burnt it and had to saw the top part off

I've had a fun day! I'm thankful for all you lovely Dibbers who love the USA as much as I do.
Collette, you attention to detail is incredible! I think you win for the most authentic meal - cheddar biscuits, cinnamon rolls and sweet potato casserole 😍 Everything looks so beautifully presented and the pecan pie cheesecake sounds fab, nuts and sugar are tricky, they can burn so fast so you did well to cover it with your lovely piping work. The best bit is, leftovers mean you don’t have to cook for the next couple of days. 😉 xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went to Hickory's Smokehouse and it was lovely. They'd decorated for Thanksgiving too.

Tater tots dipped in the pot of gravy was really good.

Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

Wow! That looks amazing! You must have put in so much time and effort... I was stressed enough doing mine as it was too many things to do at once! Enjoy the leftovers 🙂🙂
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We went to Hickory's Smokehouse and it was lovely. They'd decorated for Thanksgiving too.

Tater tots dipped in the pot of gravy was really good.

Yum! This looks so good and the decorations were so cute too. I wish I lived near this place!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvie
Earning More Ears

We had a go for the first time yesterday ...

My daughter is vegan so the lattice pie is hers and I had a sirloin.

Silvie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List