Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

5 Night Very Merrytime Cruise

I have never done a cruise before so have no idea where to start, but I am thinking about ditching West Coast next Nov/Dec for Orlando and Miami and there is a cruise that fits my dates. It would dock at Cayman Islands and Castaway Cay.

My flights aren't out until January but would I be better booking the cruise now? there is still some availability but not a huge amount.

How often do requests get guaranteed for your own table rather than sharing? I'm not bothered about eating on the later slot if it increases the chances of getting a table for 2

When can you start booking activities?

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So cruise wise they are cheapest when first on sale so the earlier you book the better. You can always get a refund from the cruise if booked through Disney up to 180 days before unless you are booking a conceirge level.

Pre-covid it was rare getting a table for 2. Now because of Covid parties aren't being sat together but obviously by next year who knows. I'd say both time slots are equally likely for a table for 2 so its best to just go with what you want rather than trying to play the game. You are likely to be stuck with late if the cruise has already started booking mind but can waitlist for early.

If you get onboard and find you are still on a shared table then you can request a change onboard as well but again nothing is guaranteed. They do try to match up groups so for instance its unlikely you will end up on a table with kids if there are just 2 of you you are more likely to end up on a table of adults.

Activity booking doesn't start until nearer the cruise. Its based on how many cruises you have taken so those who have done over 10 get first dibs. New Disney cruises can book tours, tastings and meals at 75 days. Some things currently you can't do until 60 days before (booking boarding time etc) but again this could change to the precovid way at some point who knows.
Old 10 Dec 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So cruise wise they are cheapest when first on sale so the earlier you book the better. You can always get a refund from the cruise if booked through Disney up to 180 days before unless you are booking a conceirge level.

Pre-covid it was rare getting a table for 2. Now because of Covid parties aren't being sat together but obviously by next year who knows. I'd say both time slots are equally likely for a table for 2 so its best to just go with what you want rather than trying to play the game. You are likely to be stuck with late if the cruise has already started booking mind but can waitlist for early.

If you get onboard and find you are still on a shared table then you can request a change onboard as well but again nothing is guaranteed. They do try to match up groups so for instance its unlikely you will end up on a table with kids if there are just 2 of you you are more likely to end up on a table of adults.

Activity booking doesn't start until nearer the cruise. Its based on how many cruises you have taken so those who have done over 10 get first dibs. New Disney cruises can book tours, tastings and meals at 75 days. Some things currently you can't do until 60 days before (booking boarding time etc) but again this could change to the precovid way at some point who knows.
Thank you for the info, that's really helpful, I have a £300 credit note with Travel Counsellors so I might use that towards the deposit and get it booked as there isn't much availability. The shared tables is really putting me off but I think we would pay extra for Palo one night anyway (assuming that isn't shared tables). Would you recommend a Veranda room? I think the price difference was £300 compared to a porthole window

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Thank you for the info, that's really helpful, I have a £300 credit note with Travel Counsellors so I might use that towards the deposit and get it booked as there isn't much availability. The shared tables is really putting me off but I think we would pay extra for Palo one night anyway (assuming that isn't shared tables). Would you recommend a Veranda room? I think the price difference was £300 compared to a porthole window
Yeah so Palo would be a private table. Also you could pre-covid eat at Cabanas which stopped being a buffet and was more of a sit down restaurant at night and there you would be private table. As said due to Covid currently parties are being sat seperately so thsi may stay.

I would definitely check the T&C through Travel Counsellors as I know some travel agents have different terms to DCL so cancellation time might be different.

Personally I'm not in the room enough to enjoy a Verandah. If you however feel you would like to be able to go sit on the Verandah and have a drink or enjoy a bit of quiet time then its a good option. You just have to work out if you are likely to be in the room enough to enjoy it.
Old 2 May 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

I'm following this as well as we are also a couple and looking at a 5 night merry time but out of San Diego. A
Also not keen on sharing a table with strangers!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

As others have said a table for 2 is not guaranteed but is possible - we had one both pre and post covid without asking. A verandah means you can always get some fresh air in the room, we tried ocean view last time and while we liked the cabins - the large wider rooms on deck 5, we missed the fresh air and space to sit for a few minutes with a glass of wine and some room service cake.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List