Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jan 22, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Yep, sorry, will fix that!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Traffic lights seem to go up really quickly here and be come operational
When we were her in November I went down Bates Road to get on to the 17/92 going to the Loop came back 4 hours later and lights up and working warning flashing signs about 2 miles out and sherif cars with lights going to slow everyone down and oh how I love those lights it’s no longer a life in your hands junction what ever=way I’m going
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Traffic lights seem to go up really quickly here and be come operational
When we were her in November I went down Bates Road to get on to the 17/92 going to the Loop came back 4 hours later and lights up and working warning flashing signs about 2 miles out and sherif cars with lights going to slow everyone down and oh how I love those lights it’s no longer a life in your hands junction what ever=way I’m going
Not at Westside and Funie Steed! I posted on another thread just now that Duke Electricity couldn't get a part and have taken months to get the new lights operational. The approval for them took ages too.
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Staying at Rolling Hills, the junction didn't look the most fun to come out on when I was looking, so hopefully lights will improve that.

I see lots of people mention this is a "Wallmart from hell", why is this? I was pretty happy that there was a wallmart just down the road from where we were staying and was hoping to use it haha.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It just so busy and getting out the car park can be a nightmare but I’m used to a less tourist orientated Walmarts
Dan I’d use Cagans Crossing Walmart but that’s me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna
I suppose it’s like everything else at the minute supplies are a hit or a miss
I’m sure the lights I’m talking about went up so quickly as they are just the other side of the level crossing and when they were putting them up a detour of miles was apparently in place
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
It just so busy and getting out the car park can be a nightmare but I’m used to a less tourist orientated Walmarts
Dan I’d use Cagans Crossing Walmart but that’s me
Thanks, I'll see when I'm there I guess. Can imagine it might be a nightmare but when we are at rolling hills seems like going all the way to Cagans and back (I've use Cagans before), would erode any time saved. We often go fairly late so hopefully be quieter.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Staying at Rolling Hills, the junction didn't look the most fun to come out on when I was looking, so hopefully lights will improve that.

I see lots of people mention this is a "Wallmart from hell", why is this? I was pretty happy that there was a wallmart just down the road from where we were staying and was hoping to use it haha.
Dan

This is a DIBB exchange that I had with a former Walmart manager a while ago.

https://DIBB.in/13434413

I think most people agree that the traffic management and car park layout is a little "challenging". We don't use that one much as we're much closer to Cagan Crossings but what we learnt from the few times we've used NOLWR is to leave at the northern access where you get a dedicate left turn light to get back to Livingstone. Using the southern access means trying to cross continuous traffic coming out of Westgate Bvd.

Mick

Edited at 01:30 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Thanks, I'll see when I'm there I guess. Can imagine it might be a nightmare but when we are at rolling hills seems like going all the way to Cagans and back (I've use Cagans before), would erode any time saved. We often go fairly late so hopefully be quieter.
The Old Lake Wilson one is my local Walmart. To be honest I rarely go as I hate Walmart in general. I do my shopping at Target, Aldi and Publix. There are a few things I can only get in Walmart but they are mostly household stuff no tourist would be buying.

The Cagens Crossing Walmart is a bit less touristy but definitely not worth the extra driving from Rolling Hills IMO.
Old 20 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
The Old Lake Wilson one is my local Walmart. To be honest I rarely go as I hate Walmart in general. I do my shopping at Target, Aldi and Publix. There are a few things I can only get in Walmart but they are mostly household stuff no tourist would be buying.

The Cagens Crossing Walmart is a bit less touristy but definitely not worth the extra driving from Rolling Hills IMO.
Donna

Do you mean that most tourists don't buy Clorox wipes. Reynolds wrap with the built in slide cutter and Viva Christmas kitchen roll like we do?

We're regulars at Target and Publix (didn't try the new Bella Citta one) but not sure about Aldi. Something not quite right about going to a supermarket that we have about a mile away from here. We like to leave some shopping experiences for holidays.

Mick

Edited at 05:40 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List