Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jan 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

Recommend restaurant near Emerald Isle resort

We are looking for a restaurant to suit 5 adults and 4 children for Easter Sunday dinner close enough to the Emerald Isle resort
any recommendations somewhere nice but not overly fancy either

thanks
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

TGI Friday's is very close to Emerald Isle and possibly walkable?
Longhorn, Logans Roadhouse, Texas Roadhouse and Millers Alehouse are popular and reasonably priced. These are all on the 192 but within a 10 minute drive.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always stay at Highgate Park not far from you and eat maybe 75% of our dinners in the Rolling Oaks area which is about 3 miles from you on the 192.

Can recommend Bonefish Grill if you like fish, Carrabba's for Italian and Longhorn for steak. All within 5 minutes drive of each other.

Mick
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We always stay at Highgate Park not far from you and eat maybe 75% of our dinners in the Rolling Oaks area which is about 3 miles from you on the 192.

Can recommend Bonefish Grill if you like fish, Carrabba's for Italian and Longhorn for steak. All within 5 minutes drive of each other.

Mick
These would be my top choices in the area. My favorite is Estefan's at Sunset Walk but that is more expensive, possibly "too fancy " for what you want and too loud for some people.
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
TGI Friday's is very close to Emerald Isle and possibly walkable?
Longhorn, Logans Roadhouse, Texas Roadhouse and Millers Alehouse are popular and reasonably priced. These are all on the 192 but within a 10 minute drive.
TGI Fridays is a 40 minute walk from the gatehouse and probably another 10 to 15 from most of the houses.
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
These would be my top choices in the area. My favorite is Estefan's at Sunset Walk but that is more expensive, possibly "too fancy " for what you want and too loud for some people.
We also enjoyed our first and only visit to Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen in November. I had the garlic tilapia & shrimp. Joan had the shrimp Alfredo.

Will try it again in May to see if it still appeals.

Mick
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
TGI Fridays is a 40 minute walk from the gatehouse and probably another 10 to 15 from most of the houses.
I did say 'possible'.
I also meant The Outback rather than TGI Friday's which would be about 10 minutes closer, I think.

Edited at 12:55 AM.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
I did say 'possible'.
I also meant The Outback rather than TGI Friday's with would be about 10 minutes closer, I think.
True but I have to add that the only families I tend to see walking that way around dinner time appear to be mostly British. There is a footpath the whole way and it is perfectly safe if anyone wants to give it a go.