Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Universal Mardi Gras floats

It turns out that the sign up registration went live yesterday to ride the floats at universals Mardi Gras parades but it’s already sold out! Annoying as I’d checked the website yesterday and didn’t see anything about it, which is not surprising given that I can only find the right page by googling it🙄
Hopefully they’ll release more spaces soon as it’s great fun😁
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I haven’t looked into it at all this year. But in past years you’ve been able to sign up on the day on the app (I think). 100% worth doing if you can!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We couldn’t book as haven’t activated our passes yet.

Apparently you can go and ask in park on the day to take a space of any no shows.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

I got an email from Universal to say registration was open with the link to book but haven’t activated our passes yet so couldn’t do it. Is this worth doing then?
juliebissett72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have done this a few times, always on the day booking. Initially this was a walk up and wait but last time was via the app. It’s so much fun.. probably my sons favourite “thing” to do. He talks about it all the time and has talked about it at school whilst handing out beads to classmates. I have said we will try to do it again in Feb depending on whether it’s offered. I presume capacity will be lowered etc.. due to covid but will be keeping an eye out for the announcement on the app throughout the day.
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ronniesmom View Post
We have done this a few times, always on the day booking. Initially this was a walk up and wait but last time was via the app. It’s so much fun.. probably my sons favourite “thing” to do. He talks about it all the time and has talked about it at school whilst handing out beads to classmates. I have said we will try to do it again in Feb depending on whether it’s offered. I presume capacity will be lowered etc.. due to covid but will be keeping an eye out for the announcement on the app throughout the day.
Did they also offer pre booking?

That’s what they’ve done this year. All AP were able to book for two dates up to 4 people I think.

As we’ve not activated our passes I couldn’t book but would love to do it.

I read online that you need to go to a desk in park and wait to see if there are any no shows.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We ride 3 times in 2020.
Once through the AP sign up and twice through the app.

The Ap sign up in the past was a lottery and pass holders were picked at random.

They have confirmed the app will be be an option again this year, our passes are suspended so couldn’t sign up but I plan to try the app. From memory they released slots a few times a day.

You could also go to the animal actors area and ask.

Edited at 11:05 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We ride 3 times in 2020.
Once through the AP sign up and twice through the app.

The Ap sign up in the past was a lottery and pass holders were picked at random.

They have confirmed the app will be be an option again this year, our passes are suspended so couldn’t sign up but I plan to try the app. From memory they released slots a few times a day.

You could also go to the animal actors area and ask.
That’s great, thanks, I didn’t realise there would be another option to book. Will look out for it.