Old 23 Jan 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 10 - Animal Kingdom

Day 10 - Friday 26th October 2019 - Animal Kingdom

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
=====================

We were definitely slowing down by this point - these holidays are exhausting! Mark and I ended up sitting out on the balcony so we could let Heath keep sleeping - he finally woke at 10am, after we put the coffee machine on!
(I was going to put a photo of Heath sleeping here but then realised I don’t want to give him more reasons to hate me once he’s a teenager )

Having a relaxed start meant we could actually enjoy the savannah view we’d paid for - we had zebras and giraffes to start with, then CMs came round to lay out food for the animals so we had wildebeest and antelope arrive too - so wonderful.

We finally summoned up enough energy to hit the pool - we could only get one lounger (it was around 11.15 in a Saturday so prime pool time I guess) but that was fine as we spent most of our time racing and swimming.

Needed a cocktail after all that activity obviously.

With full bellies, we headed off to Animal Kingdom - a bus was waiting so we ran, the driver said “joggers eh?” and laughed at us
he clearly hasn’t tried to catch a night bus in London.

We did a few more Wilderness Explorer badges once we arrived - Heath really enjoyed this and it definitely made us go all round the park when I probably wouldn’t have bothered in the heat, so I recommend it.
We got the little train to the conservation station to do the art lesson they do here - we were drawing Ed the hyena from The Lion King, Mark’s favourite Disney film so he was happy.
I’m useless at art so was really impressed at how well the artist walked us through it.
Feast your eyes upon not one, not two but three amateur Eds!

We went on safari next.

Live footage of Mark trying to flee every time I mention the next expensive holiday I want…

Back to the animals

Then we went off to finish WE - Heath opted for the loud ceremony so the lady took him into the middle of the entry bridge and shouted “attention animal kingdom!” and did a big announcement about him becoming a wilderness explorer, it was very cute.

We also got some photopass shots so please enjoy another photo of Mark’s camp, scared face

Heath hadn’t eaten with characters yet today so obviously it was time for Tusker House.

We loved the food and Heath had a great time but I was shocked again by the tip and cost - I’m so pleased Heath isn’t bothered about character meals for our May trip, he’d bankrupt us without free dining

Now are you a person who cringes with horror when picked on by a performer or are you giant show off like me?
We stopped to watch a show in Harambe as the performers had footballs (Heath’s favourite thing) and they’re very good at spotting those of us who are happy to make complete fools of ourselves as I was called straight up!
I had to copy their dance moves and then head some footballs with two other women. Heath loved it.

We went our separate ways after this, the boys went off to ride Kali River Rapids, while I headed to Everest.

Me with all my friends again

We had dining fp tickets for rivers of light next - I do think it’s a shame this has gone now, it wasn’t amazing but it was pretty! Heath complained it was too short and not as spectacular as the other shows we’ve seen so far.

We had a fp for Flight of Passage so headed off to see Pandora in the dark again - it’s so beautiful.
We loved the ride so decided to jump straight back into the queue for another go before the park closed. Took about 40 minutes but it was our first time in the main queue so loved seeing all the details

On our way out of the park, we stopped to watch the projections on the Tree Of Life.
It was so lovely and the park had emptied out a lot by now so it was a great relaxing end to the day.

We had a 9.35am Chef Mickey booking for the next day for Heath’s birthday - I’d originally booked California Grill but he had to have characters on his big day!
I pushed it back to a lunch time reservation as we were all too tired for any more early starts at this point of the trip. I’ll be back soon as I’m sure you’re all on tenterhooks to find out if we regretted choosing Chef Mickey over California Grill…

Tomorrow, our boy turns 8!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day nice relaxing morning

Joan
Old 24 Jan 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day nice relaxing morning

Joan
Thanks Joan! Can’t wait to go back.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That made me chuckle as Kate always moans that I take a photo of her in bed on travel day - usually I've been up for hours so it feels like lunchtime to me and they look so cute when they are asleep. Anyway, it sounds like you had a lovely morning relaxing while waiting for Heath to wake up and then a great day at AK. Fab drawings at the animation experience too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That made me chuckle as Kate always moans that I take a photo of her in bed on travel day - usually I've been up for hours so it feels like lunchtime to me and they look so cute when they are asleep. Anyway, it sounds like you had a lovely morning relaxing while waiting for Heath to wake up and then a great day at AK. Fab drawings at the animation experience too!
Shame they don’t always agree with us about what counts as cute!
Can’t wait to have another go at the drawing and see which character we get.