Old 13 Jan 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Our first trip with Martha. Day 6

Martha and I woke at 6am with everyone else following at 7am. I made crescent rolls for breakfast which has become a bit of a tradition, they're so yummy with a bit of butter & jam!

We left at 8.30am for Hollywood Studios. We arrived for opening & beelined for Toy Story Mania but the queue was already 55 minutes . Slinky Dog was of course even longer, so Aaron went off to get a coffee & took Martha with him while Laura and I queued with Edith for Alien Swirling Saucers. The queue said 25 minutes and the wait was spot on. The ride was ok, Edith enjoyed it.

We walked through to the StarWars area and took some photos. Laura & I chanced the single rider queue for Smugglers Run & wlaked straight on & were in the same group. Its a good ride but not sure I would queue for too long for it.

We walked to the Frozen theatre next but timed it wrong so had a bit of time to waste. We walked the lake and then watched a little parade pass.

When it was time we entered the theatre for the Frozen sing along. Both girls absolutely loved it and I have some incredible video footage of Edith being in absolute awe at seeing Elsa on stage creating snow, absolutely magical for a Frozen mad 4 year old.

We tried to grab a table at the Baseline Taphouse next but there was no chance, the park was really busy. We did get lucky & secured a shaded table at the Backlot Express. I mobile ordered some food and while we waited for that Aaron took Edith on Startours as she was just tall enough.

I ordered a chicken salad, some fries, a beer for Aaron and a frozen hot chcoolate for Laura. We timed it right for the food to be ready, just as Aaron and Edith came back to the table. It was a hot day today.

A mini parade with Santa and Minnie & Mickey passed just as we left the restaurant. We got Edith an ice cream as we head over to Tower of Terror. The queue was 120 minutes! I mean what on earth, in 15+ visits I have never seen such a queue for that ride . RIP Fastpass+. We cut our losses and head out of the park stopping for the toilet on the way out. While we were in there Mickey appeared above us so Edith stood and waved at him for a while.

We head to the North Idrive Premium Outlets next, Martha fell asleep again so I stayed in the car with the girls while Aaron and Laura went in, when she woke up, the girls and I went in too.

I bought a buid & paint your own Pinocchio figure from the Disney Warehouse, a raincoat & some sunglasses from Vans.

We head back to the hotel & had a quick half hour swim just Edith and I. At 6pm we were all ready for food, so head to Chilli's. The atmosphere was non existant but the food was good. We all went for the offer which is a starter, main and drink for $10, serious bargain. I had a salad starter, Aaron and Laura had soup. Then Aaron and I had the chicken crispers, mine honey chipotle and Aaron the habanero. Laura had the Margarita chicken. The girls shared a pizza and Martha also have a veg pouch and a corn on the cob.

We head to EPCOT next, the first time we were awake enough to keep going after dinner. The ball looked incredibe, the light show was so beautiful.

Martha was asleep so I stayed with her while Aaron and Laura went on Nemo with Edith. They had a few photos with the sharks too.

Aaron and I then took Edith on Soarin while Laura stayed with Martha. She loved the whole flying aspect but jumped out of her skin every time something looked like it was coming at us. When it was finished she said she liked it but didn't want to ride again.

We head towards World Showcase next and found a spot for Harmonious. The show was fantiastic and I loved it. Aaron thought we could have got a better angle & wasn't too impressed. Edith was moaning that it was too loud but we were stood right next to a massive speaker so she was probably right. She was also super tired so just mardy in general by this point in the evening. Martha was asleep but somehow a can of coke got put on top of the pushchair & got knocked over so we had to carry both girls back to the car while Laura pushed the empty pushchair.

We drove home, popped the girls to bed & followed not long after.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Lovely day and Chilli’s food looks good never been to one 😲

Maybe we should try it .

Joan
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A shame you missed out on Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror, it seems not having fast passes has really changed the number of attractions you can go on. I'm glad you enjoyed the new fireworks at Epcot, a bit of a pain having to carry both the girls back to the car at the end of the night.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely day and Chilli’s food looks good never been to one 😲

Maybe we should try it .

Joan
Chilis is great for what it is, cheap food that tastes good. It was much better 10-15 years ago so altghough we do really enjoy the food & would go back ourselves, it wouldn;t be the first place I would recommend visiting.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A shame you missed out on Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror, it seems not having fast passes has really changed the number of attractions you can go on. I'm glad you enjoyed the new fireworks at Epcot, a bit of a pain having to carry both the girls back to the car at the end of the night.
Absolutely, Edith is really heavy now too

Yes, not having a chanve to ride some of our favourited was a real shame. The FP situation is really apparent in Hollywood Studios especially. I did consider purchasing Genie+ for that park only but I read terrible reviews where you could only get the shorter queue rides anyway so we didn't bother.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Shame about the wait times in Hollywood Studios. I’m going to have to read up a bit more on Genie + and how it’s impacting there in particular as there’s a few rides we want to do there.

The Epcot ball looks lovely all lit up - glad to hear you enjoyed the new evening show there.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had a lovely meal at Chilli's in 2019. Will definitely go again this year! Those chicken crispers look yum!

HS looked so busy - actually dreading it with no FP! Lovely pics of the girls again!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A lovely day just a shame about the wait times That meal deal at Chilli's is brilliant value!
You are packing a fair bit into each day
Old 22 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Your HS day looked great , you did well as it’s so easy to give in when a park is busy . Laura’s frozen hot chocolate looked delicious 😋
We have always loved the food at Chillis but didn’t really enjoy the dine in experience last trip , that was just hubby & me and we sat up in the bar area but to be honest it felt pretty uncomfortable 😣 so we won’t go back to dine in but will definitely use the takeout, the quesadillas and chipotle chicken & waffles are too good for me to lose out on 😂
The ball at Epcot is so pretty, great evening photos
Thanks Abi 🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Shame about the wait times in Hollywood Studios. I’m going to have to read up a bit more on Genie + and how it’s impacting there in particular as there’s a few rides we want to do there.

The Epcot ball looks lovely all lit up - glad to hear you enjoyed the new evening show there.
Yes I think Genie+ is worth looking into, we definitely didn't get to ride everything we wanted.

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We had a lovely meal at Chilli's in 2019. Will definitely go again this year! Those chicken crispers look yum!

HS looked so busy - actually dreading it with no FP! Lovely pics of the girls again!
Thankyou! Chillis food is so good, just with the atmosphere in there was a bit better.

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
A lovely day just a shame about the wait times That meal deal at Chilli's is brilliant value!
You are packing a fair bit into each day
We always seem to get a lot done, I think we spend so much time planning the holiday that we don't want to waste a second when we get there.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Your HS day looked great , you did well as it’s so easy to give in when a park is busy . Laura’s frozen hot chocolate looked delicious 😋
We have always loved the food at Chillis but didn’t really enjoy the dine in experience last trip , that was just hubby & me and we sat up in the bar area but to be honest it felt pretty uncomfortable 😣 so we won’t go back to dine in but will definitely use the takeout, the quesadillas and chipotle chicken & waffles are too good for me to lose out on 😂
The ball at Epcot is so pretty, great evening photos
Thanks Abi 🙏🏻
It's weird in Chillis isn't it? We had similar in Friendlies, just not a nice place to sit and enjoy a meal even though the food is great!
Old 25 Jan 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Abi I’ve had to laugh Friendlys is the same for us , our kids asked why we had gone to an old peoples diner for dinner 😂
The milkshakes in there are delicious though
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List