Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Jan 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

Gluten free at Disney Quick Service

Has anyone had any gluten free success at Quick Service?

Recently I have discovered an intolerance to both gluten and yeast (thankfully only an intolerance and not allergy). Dropping both these in my diet has resulted in me feeling significantly better BUT it is also one of the hardest things I've had to do (especially since I am a bit lazy when it comes to cooking and tend to opt for packets/jars etc).

After doing a bit of research it appears that table service at Disney will be ok as I can speak to the the chef about my requirements. What worries me is the quick service locations. The menus are not particularly good for detail on-line and vlogs showing quick service (and the respective menus) are not filling me with confidence. Has anyone got recent experience with gluten free at quick service specifically? Any good places to try?

We are staying at Coronado Springs in May and although I am desperately looking forward to going, there is just a little apprehension this time round.

Hx
Going soon! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Every Disney owned QS has an allergy menu. It's at the bottom of the regular menu online and in the mobile ordering app.

I haven't had to use it recently as it was my ex that was gluten free but zero issues in the past. They're very good with allergens.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I'm coeliac so been gluten free for years. I've never eaten so well as I have at Disney. Majority of QS have allergy menus and they take it very serious. We stayed at Coronado last in 2019 and if you ask in the food court, someone will talk through your options, they also do gf mickey waffles!
Blaze Pizza and Cookes of Dublin at Disney Springs do excellent pizza and fish and chips.
There tends to be less choice in desserts, mainly a cookie or brownie.

Just ask if you want to know any more.
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

I’m in middle of researching same as my daughter’s coeliac. We been pre pandemic and no issues at all most places in the parks do gluten free burger, hot dog, chicken tenders or pizza so hoping not much has changed. A few things we are planning on trying are churros at nomad lounge in AK, Starbucks at AK do doughnuts and bagels. Dole whip and the Brownie sundaes from opposite tower of terror in HS is gluten free too!

And as above reply there’s lots of different options at Disney springs and all Disney hotels also cater really well with breakfast options including mickey waffles.
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022Lapland Jan 2023, New York, Vero beach, Yacht club and Wilderness Lodge Aug 2023

Edited at 11:20 PM.
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I also have coeliac disease (not an allergy or an intolerance, but an auto immune disease). If I eat gluten I get violently sick with a blinding migraine and vomiting so it is essential for me to be able to eat gluten free without risk of cross contamination (i.e shared fryers).

I have been looking on the menus on the mobile app and as above, it does seem that the QS locations do have an additional gluten free menu at the bottom of the normal menu.

Not sure if you know, but yeast is usually naturally gluten free and doesn’t contain any gluten. Because of this, you would need to check at QS locations that not only is the food gluten free, but also yeast free too. You’re probably best off asking them for the ingredients as yeast can be included in a gluten free product as it doesn’t contain gluten.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a coeliac and try to speak to a manager at the quick service locations. They go through the options and I am able to ask questions on cross contamination. Always had great experiences with couple of exceptions (flame tree bbq - just didn’t fill me with confidence and the to go window at beaches and cream (way too busy so couldn’t accommodate safely). Everywhere else has been brilliant and I have never been sick. On our last trip we were faced with mobile order in magic kingdom which worked ok for gluten free but I managed to find a staff member with an iPad who reassured me and made sure that I was aware that my food would come out on a separately coloured tray etc and everything handled by a manager. I would always find a staff member to discuss especially on the yeast part that won’t be covered by the gluten free menus.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance since having COVID so have also been researching. I'm actually pretty impressed with the QS offering at Disney for GF options!
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List