Old 26 Jan 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I finally rang them today as I wanted to ask about cancelling if they require proof of vaccine in California for 5-12 year olds as my youngest won’t be vaccinated (and they will allow us to cancel) and I asked them about dvc bookings through a company and they said as long as you have proof of booking and cancellation then it is covered. The costs are too high for us anyway but hope this helps you.
Ahh thank you so much for the update! Really hope you find something suitable for your trip

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I finally rang them today as I wanted to ask about cancelling if they require proof of vaccine in California for 5-12 year olds as my youngest won’t be vaccinated (and they will allow us to cancel) and I asked them about dvc bookings through a company and they said as long as you have proof of booking and cancellation then it is covered. The costs are too high for us anyway but hope this helps you.
I have a 1 bed booked at Grand California in summer, and it’s a whopping 388 points for a week to give you an idea (I am cutting it down to 4 nights as it’s used nearly all my points). A studio would be half so still a lot. In dues alone it’s costing me around $2750 dollars for the week. That sounds expensive, until you see a 1 bed suite is $16500 a week cash for the beginning of August. Indeed the cheapest single room cash is over $800 plus taxes. Even renting DVC points will be expensive as owners will want at least twice the dues cost.

So if you don’t have DVC, or rent points, it’s unbelievably expensive. Is it worth these telephone number prices? Is it hell but someone must be paying.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I have a 1 bed booked at Grand California in summer, and it’s a whopping 388 points for a week to give you an idea (I am cutting it down to 4 nights as it’s used nearly all my points). A studio would be half so still a lot. In dues alone it’s costing me around $2750 dollars for the week. That sounds expensive, until you see a 1 bed suite is $18000 a week cash for the beginning of August. Indeed the cheapest single room cash is over $800 plus taxes. Even renting DVC points will be expensive as owners will want at least twice the dues cost.

So if you don’t have DVC, or rent points, it’s unbelievably expensive. Is it worth these telephone number prices? Is it hell but someone must pay.

It was a 1 bed we were looking at, I think instead we may book at single room at Disneyland hotel instead. It’s still mega bucks but it has a nice pool area and the other off site hotels have very basic pools. It’s a special trip so we want a nice few last days where we can do pool time and park time.
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It was a 1 bed we were looking at, I think instead we may book at single room at Disneyland hotel instead. It’s still mega bucks but it has a nice pool area and the other off site hotels have very basic pools. It’s a special trip so we want a nice few last days where we can do pool time and park time.
Yes the other may be cheaper, bet you are looking at $500+ a night there? Maybe more? Don’t forget cash stays also have to pay $35 for parking, another rip off it should be free at those prices. Staying on DVC points is free.
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes the other may be cheaper, bet you are looking at $500+ a night there? Maybe more? Don’t forget cash stays also have to pay $35 for parking, another rip off it should be free at those prices. Staying on DVC points is free.
We’ve arranged to drop off car before we go there as that will be cheaper especially with price of car hire on top. I want to try to change it though as I picked LAX and think there is somewhere closer.
I need to book it though, just been hesitating as frightened of all the uncertainty at the moment.
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We’ve arranged to drop off car before we go there as that will be cheaper especially with price of car hire on top. I want to try to change it though as I picked LAX and think there is somewhere closer.
I need to book it though, just been hesitating as frightened of all the uncertainty at the moment.
Yes you want to be dropping it off in Anaheim I’d have thought?
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes you want to be dropping it off in Anaheim I’d have thought?
When I booked for some reason it didn’t appear as an option for drop off and I only saw it afterwards so I’m going to see if I can change it without charge but I haven’t been able to get through to BA yet!
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

When I booked for some reason it didn’t appear as an option for drop off and I only saw it afterwards so I’m going to see if I can change it without charge but I haven’t been able to get through to BA yet!
Definitely, it’s miles from the airport you dont want to be getting a taxi, it will cost you $100+