Notices

Old 26 Jan 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Thank you Lufthansa, we are off to Canada (hopefully)

I’ve really enjoyed reading the few Canadian trip reports I’ve found on the Dibb, so thought I’d have a go at a trip report this time.

The cast Myself- Tash, DH - Ed , DS1 Jonah - 23 & DS2 Tobias - 20.

We love the fact that we can have another family holiday as we haven’t expected to with the boys being the age they are now, so just grateful that they still want to spend time with us

The dates : 16 days in May 2022

The plan started when back in September last year I had an alert from Jacks flight club of some excellently priced flights to Canada with Lufthansa via Germany, at £287 it was too good a price to miss Only carry on luggage included, so we’ve added 1 bag.

Due to the ongoing situation I’ve not booked a lot so far, but the plans are :

Pre travel day : Stay at PI on Bath Road, Heathrow

Travel Day : 10.55 flight to Munich, 3pm flight to Vancouver. Pick up hire car from Avis - Travel to Airbnb

Day 1 & 2 Vancouver - Stanley park, steam clock etc

Day 3 - Travel to Kamloops stay at Fairfield Inn using points - various stops on the way

Day 4 - 7 Airbnb Jasper

Day 8- 13 Airbnb Banff

Day - 14 - Calgary, spend the day exploring then flight at 4.30 to Vancouver, stay the night in Vancouver

Day 15 - have a slow start to the day, spend a bit of time exploring Vancouver again then to the airport for 6pm flight to Munich

Day 16 - 3pm Munich - Heathrow - Drive home

26th January

Things booked so far :

Flights from Heathrow to Vancouver.
Flights from Calgary to Vancouver
1 bag between the 4 of us
Car hire with Canadian Affairs - Full size from Avis
Parking with Purple Parking at LHR

Edited at 07:57 PM.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

Looking forward to reading your trip report - we are off to Canada in August. Am hoping the entry requirements get easier in the next few months.

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

You won't regret it, Canada is beautiful, if you get chance to go over to Vancouver Island do, we took the float plane from the harbour and spent half a day there.

If you like museums Victoria has one of the best museums of first nations artifacts I have ever seen royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit/ex...eoples-gallery

There is so much to see in Canada and I would love to read about Calgary as I have never been.
I would get the ETA's done now if you can , they aren't expensive but one thing to tick off the list.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Scotty0910 View Post
Looking forward to reading your trip report - we are off to Canada in August. Am hoping the entry requirements get easier in the next few months.

We are watching the entry requirements as well and hoping they ease before we go. Have a lovely time
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
You won't regret it, Canada is beautiful, if you get chance to go over to Vancouver Island do, we took the float plane from the harbour and spent half a day there.

If you like museums Victoria has one of the best museums of first nations artifacts I have ever seen royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit/ex...eoples-gallery

There is so much to see in Canada and I would love to read about Calgary as I have never been.
I would get the ETA's done now if you can , they aren't expensive but one thing to tick off the list.
Thanks. We would love to go to Vancouver Island but we just don’t have the time on this visit.

I’ve not done any research on Calgary yet as we’ve only just decided to take an internal flight back to Vancouver rather than drive it. We are really looking forward to having the day there.

Good idea for the ETA’s I need to check whether our old ones are valid still but DS 2 will need one for sure as he’s just renewed his passport. I’ll look at this tonight - thanks for the nudge
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Just had a quick check for the ETA’s they are valid for 5 years so our ones from 2019 are still valid, so it’s only DS2 who will need to get a new one due to having his passport renewed.
Old 27 Jan 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thehails View Post
Just had a quick check for the ETA’s they are valid for 5 years so our ones from 2019 are still valid, so it’s only DS2 who will need to get a new one due to having his passport renewed.
That’s good news , I wish ESTA were valid as long .
I have ETA’s and ESTA but haven’t checked them for a while as we have no plans for North America this year 🙁
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great! Just in case you’re not aware Lufthansa are currently requiring people wear the FFP2 masks (the white ones) on their flights - my DH flew with them on Sunday. Obviously it might change by May, but just another thing to keep an eye on!
Hope you have a fabulous trip! It is so pleasing when the older ones still want to go places - ds will be 18 soon and is coming to Barcelona with us in the summer!
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Lovely to see another Canada trip coming up. We're going in September and it will be 3rd time lucky! Have fun

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List