Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

COMPLETE OCT 2019 QSDP report: What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW!

Welcome to my second QSDP food report. This will be our forth time on the QSDP and we've also had the DDP twice, but as a family we've all decided that the flexibility of the QSDP works best for us. This year's trip was booked last April when free dining was released as a surprise for our daughter's 18th birthday. So we've kept it a secret for a year and a half and both she and her brother found out 2 weeks ago. Cue lots of squeals and tears of happiness

We're staying at Caribbean Beach for 2 weeks with the QSDP, but also have a night booked at Wilderness Lodge, a night at the Beach Club and a night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Despite what many think, there's a huge variety of food available on the QSDP, and I think it's got even better in recent years with a lot of the new QS places that have opened. I'm always on the hunt for healthier options as that's how I like to eat normally. I'm really not a burger or hot dog fan and have never eaten either at Disney, and can't actually remember the last time I ate either in my everyday life! DH and the kids do like them though, so I'm sure there will still be some featured

I'm going to attempt to do it live and write up each day as it happens. I did it last time and it seemed to work really well for me, so hopefully this time will be as successful🤞 I'm doing it all on my phone, including the photos, so please excuse auto corrects/typos.

So, we have:
14 nights of QSDP with 2 snacks per day and the plan is to use some of those at the Food an Wine Festival food booths.
2 TS meals planned which we will pay for oop: Both have been requested by DD and since it's her birthday trip, it would be mean to say no. So we're going to Teppan Edo and Outback steakhouse near the Vineland Premium Outlets.

Our party consists of:
Me - wedding decorator, (Disney) holiday planner and fan of free dining.
DH, Andy - fellow wedding decorator, lover of all things Lego and Marvel and the big kid of the family.
DD18, Izzy - funny girl, budding photographer and lover of all things Disney.
DS16, Brodie - a really sweet boy and budding baker, lover of all things Disney and YouTube fan.

As I type, we're in the car driving down to Gatwick airport. We're staying overnight at the Premier Inn North and will probably have dinner there tonight, but no firm decisions have been made yet.

Hope you enjoy reading along

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 05:11 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Subscribed, I followed your last one, albeit not live so I'm really looking forward to this one as we're doing QSDP in May too. Can't wait to see how much the kid's have grown to xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Oh how exciting! Have a good night before! And a safe trjp tomorrow! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you have a fab trip. Wow 18th birthday, what a special trip it will be. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Have a fantastic trip. Looking forward to reading about all the delicious food.
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm in Have a great trip
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Happy holidays loves2plan. I'll enjoy reading this. Feel free to let us know how you find the refurbished CBR. Your many helpful replies to my questions earlier this year resulted in us deciding on CBR for our May 2020 trip, when I'd been leaning strongly towards POFQ so I hope it lives up to/exceeds your past stays there.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Firstly have a great holiday and hope Mum is recovering nicely.

We will be following along as well and will be very interested to see your photos and comments about the Quick Service options you select .

I do so agree about there being such a host of healthy flavoursome options available and not having to have burgers et al.

Take care.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Have a fantastic trip.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

Have a fabulous holiday. Looking forward to reading your food report.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List