Old 10 Feb 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

NBC Bar & Grill

We were fairly warm and a bit tired so we decided that some snacks and a beer in a pleasant surrounding were required. We settled on NBC.

We just ordered some starters to share. The cheese bites, love these so much, the chicken and bacon flatbread and the calamari.
All were good and just the right amount of food. Ds has a Fanta, Dh had a mckenzies black cherry cider and I had a grapefruit beer.

Pre Teen Take by DS
The flatbread was really tasty
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Voodoo Dougnuts

We nipped to Voodoo before heading back to the hotel. It was fairly busy but didn’t take too long and no outside line.

I ended up getting 6.
2 apple fritters which are my absolute favourite. ( breakfast for Monday)
An apple cannolo - this was ok but not fantastic
The voodoo doll - we are still to eat this. It doesn’t look as pretty as normal.
A glazed old fashioned - I really like these.
The Mardi Gras - didn’t really like this, I wasn’t a fan of the filling.

Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Breakfast looks really nice we might have to give it a go, as we are trying out Aventura this year-the girls thought it looked cool! I would have like to stay at Sapphire Falls but I was overruled. I’m so impressed you got to sample Green Eggs and Ham, I always have my fingers crossed it will be open. Voodoo Doughnuts...yummy!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The grapefruit beer from NBC sounds yummy! Actually the whole meal looks really tasty. What a great idea to just order some apps to fill a hole. Seems like you've had a brilliant day!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

We still haven't tried universal but it is definitely on our to do list when we book our next holiday... The food seems far more reasonably priced than Disney..enjoying the pre teen review addition as well
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Breakfast looks really nice we might have to give it a go, as we are trying out Aventura this year-the girls thought it looked cool! I would have like to stay at Sapphire Falls but I was overruled. I’m so impressed you got to sample Green Eggs and Ham, I always have my fingers crossed it will be open. Voodoo Doughnuts...yummy!
First time I’ve ever seen Green Eggs and Ham open.
Aventura is great, for the price it’s brilliant. I fancy Sapphire Falls too but the price difference didn’t encourage me. Sapphire is also huge compared to Aventura. I like that Aventura is so compact. Great showers, comfy beds and an iPad to control everything.
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The grapefruit beer from NBC sounds yummy! Actually the whole meal looks really tasty. What a great idea to just order some apps to fill a hole. Seems like you've had a brilliant day!
Love that grapefruit beer. I’m not sure I’ve ever had a main at NBC, I can’t get past the cheese curds 😂
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We still haven't tried universal but it is definitely on our to do list when we book our next holiday... The food seems far more reasonably priced than Disney..enjoying the pre teen review addition as well
It’s really good. We find it a lot cheaper than Disney. Plus my annual passes covered an extra trip here in July, this trip and a week in July this year. Some say there is not as much to do which is true but I really like the fact you don’t need to plan at all. My plan this week consisted of about 1 thing for each day.
I love Disney but the laid back nature of this trip is brilliant.
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mardi Gras Food Tents

After riding in the parade float we fancied a wee snack so we decided to try some of the Mardi Gras things. We bought a tasting lanyard for annual pass holders which was $60 plus tax for 15 items.

First up we went to the food around the world tent, it is Trinidad and Tobago for 2 weeks.

We had the grilled pineapple which was really good, sweet with a little kick from the herbs and spices.
Grilled Pineapple Trini Chow – $4.29 – topped with kimchi seasoning and micro cilantro (plant-based)

We also had the Pholourie – $6.99 – fried spicy split-pea dough with turmeric, curry powder, and a tamarind chutney (plant-based). Nice

Ds wanted to try the filled coconut drink. Nobody really liked this.

We also had a twisted tater with Cajun seasoning - so so good. And a 9oz purple haze beer

There are loads more things I’d like to try at these stalls and we have 10 credits left.

Pre Teen Take by Ds
Coconut water looked better than it was. Grilled pineapple and pholuries were really nice. Twisted tater was amazing. Lanyard great idea - saves money if you want to try lots of things

Edited at 10:39 PM.
Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That grilled pineapple and twisted tater look delicious! It’s great value buying the lanyard.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List