Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The dessert party is in section 4, with the fast pass in 3.

I Really enjoyed the food as it was cheese, cakes and grapes with a bread basket to share on the table. I Personally preferred it to the food we got at the Magic Kingdom dessert party but my son disagrees with me. I’m sure I had a sparkling wine when we arrived and then a hot chocolate later on as it was a bit nippy.

What made it for me was being able to sit at a table whilst watching the world of colour. There are two rows of tables with a walkway between them and you are allocated a table. The first row are normal tables and chairs with the 2nd row being bar tables and chairs which I don’t like sitting on so was a bit gutted at first when we were ushered to the 2nd row but they were fine and the view was amazing. Another thing to note is if you are in a party of two you will be seated with another family. My son and I were seated with a lovely lady and her daughter.

Hope that helps, I’d definitely do it again if we went back, not cheap but what is at Disney!
thank you so much, really helps a lot and I fixed the numbers
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Really useful thread... it’s on my ‘wish list’ of places to go so I’m reading with interest!
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

This is a great thread, we are currently in the early planning stages for next October, looking at the Howard Johnson hotel seems we can walk to Disneyland from there? Loving all your advice!
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamofmagic View Post
This is a great thread, we are currently in the early planning stages for next October, looking at the Howard Johnson hotel seems we can walk to Disneyland from there? Loving all your advice!
Thanks

Howard Johnsons is a popular choice with families as they have good pools and kids areas.

It also has inside corridors so is a hotel not a motel.

Many people do walk to and from the parks, however it is one of the longer walks, approx 20 minutes.

The area is safe as its all the hotels and restaurants for Disneyland guests.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamofmagic
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Thanks

Howard Johnsons is a popular choice with families as they have good pools and kids areas.

It also has inside corridors so is a hotel not a motel.

Many people do walk to and from the parks, however it is one of the longer walks, approx 20 minutes.

The area is safe as its all the hotels and restaurants for Disneyland guests.
That’s great thanks, my wee boy will be 9 when we go so I think he will love the water park, I’ve also been looking at the alpine inn we won’t be driving when we go to Disneyland so just looking for hotels within a decent walking distance, 20-30 mins would be the max. Thanks again for your advice
Old 14 Jun 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh gosh, is the HoJo really a 20 min walk? It claims on their own website to only be an 8 minute walk to Disneyland park. They're top of my planning list so far, as I thought it was a short walk! 🙈
Old 14 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Oh gosh, is the HoJo really a 20 min walk? It claims on their own website to only be an 8 minute walk to Disneyland park. They're top of my planning list so far, as I thought it was a short walk! 🙈
Afraid so.

Many of the hotels and motels under estimate the walking distance or use clever language like " beside" Disneyland when they border Disney property but are not near the pedestrian entrance.

I have stayed before at Desert Inn and Suites, which you can see at the bottom of the map. THAT took me 10 minutes from my room to to the security bag check.

Google Maps says 10 minutes but knowing the area and reading trip reports Howard Johnsons is approx 20 minutes.

Old 14 Jun 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the info Tink. I need to have a rethink.
Old 18 Jun 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

With everything going on in Florida, this is something I’m considering for next year. Excellent thread, thank you. I’ll be looking into this much more!
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Subscribing as I am really interested in looking at DLC next year
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List