Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 18 Feb 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We’ve just finished Schitts Creek and it’s been one the best series we have ever seen (along with This is Us). Netflix recommended Superstore and I was wondering if it would be any good. I’m happy to see these reviews as I hate telling my husband to watch something and 6 episodes in it is rubbish!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Honestly I really enjoyed it. I do love an ensemble cast and it kind of feels like the things you see happening at Walmart!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

My partner and I are both working from home and we’ve found Superstore is the perfect show to have on in the house as “background noise”. It’s not big or clever but it’s really fun and easy to follow. I love all the weird things the customers get up to the background, and spotting the delicious American snacks 😅
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

on a realted note, has anyone else noticed the crossover between GOOD GIRLS and SUPERSTORE yet?
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
My husband spotted her dad as well. We really enjoyed ugly Betty when it was on.
What’s Silicon Valley? Is that on Netflix and worth a watch?
Silicon Valley is brilliant. It's on Now TV, but might have just expired actually. It's about a bunch of nerdy-types who create a tech startup. You don't have to be nerdy to like it - my wife loved it! Much ruder than Superstore though!

I've watched the whole thing about 4 times now!
Old 19 Feb 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
on a realted note, has anyone else noticed the crossover between GOOD GIRLS and SUPERSTORE yet?
What?! No!

I'm gonna guess though - is it the store the girls rob at the start of S1?

EDIT - I'm wrong

Edited at 11:26 AM.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Silicon Valley is brilliant. It's on Now TV, but might have just expired actually. It's about a bunch of nerdy-types who create a tech startup. You don't have to be nerdy to like it - my wife loved it! Much ruder than Superstore though!

I've watched the whole thing about 4 times now!
another silicon valley fan here, i think im probably up to my 4th or 5th run through too, and it gets better with age. the last season is all sorts of relevant and scathing right now

jian yang is my favourite character, especially his story in the last season or two
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
another silicon valley fan here, i think im probably up to my 4th or 5th run through too, and it gets better with age. the last season is all sorts of relevant and scathing right now

jian yang is my favourite character, especially his story in the last season or two
"What if I told you, there is a app, on the market..."

Seriously, I use a tool called Octopus at work, and I can't help but mentally say it in Jian Yang's accent everytime I use it!
Old 19 Feb 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
"What if I told you, there is a app, on the market..."

Seriously, I use a tool called Octopus at work, and I can't help but mentally say it in Jian Yang's accent everytime I use it!
hahaha, i use octopus too
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I’ve just finished Superstore and now don’t know what I’m going to do with my evenings...
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List