Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Phone call from Disney

So i fired off a few complaint emails someone from disney rang me today

I will start by saying shes super nice and helpful and i told her i was well aware its not her fault.

I pointed out the ME was going to cause UK guests alot of hassle trying to sort out mobile data and even if i use mears they have added $100 on my trip.

I protested the genie up charge stating 14 days for my family was unacceptable, that the increases where crippling to the point of not being able to afford to go.

So my complaint has been logged and passed, They are aware of guest feed back. They hope that the new genie will lead to less time in line?!?!

She also stated that 2022 was a long time away and things could change back to how they where...And im still well within my time to cancel to get a full refund so not to rush.

Make of that what you will. Cant fault customer care what so ever.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Is this not simply a demand and supply issue?

If Disney, sustain their profits from on-site visitors who are prepared to pay, it just means those who won't or can't will not be able to go

Its tough, but is this not true?

Disney332
Old 22 Aug 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

They are right that Genie itself (the free planner part, not the lightning lane section) should lead to shorter waits if people use it. Simply because most guests aren't aware of what rides to go to so will either follow the crowd or join the first queue they see. Which leads to overcrowding in some areas while others are still empty. If Genie is spreading people throughout the park, those previously longer queues should reduce. It's not better for those who already knew where the quiet areas were but overall, it should be an improved experience. Theoretically.

However there's no way it will go back to the old system so she's wrong to think it might. Already too much time and money invested to pull it out, even if it doesn't perform as well financially as they hope. The thing that may change is whether they decide to include it for some or all onsite guests if they're seeing a significant reduction in bookings after the initial negative reaction dies down.

But as above, as long as they retain enough guests at the top of the bucket, they're prepared to lose a few from the bottom.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You have inspired me to email and complain too! Sure it won’t make any difference but it will help me feel better when I cancel my Disney stay! Guess they are expecting bad feedback but shows how upset if I actually make the effort to email. Thank you!
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m amazed you got a call. Did you threaten to cancel your holiday?

Unfortunately I suspect they’ve pulled the staff off other duties to read the party line.
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well done - I bet that surprised you! Would have shocked me!
You’ve done your bit at least.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
ME will be replaced by the train and genie has been planned and mentioned for a few years now so yes she right in a way but that won’t stop the upcharging at all. Disney has been slowly squeezing more and more money out of everyone yet the parks still continue to be packed. Think that tells Disney a lot really.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m amazed you got a call. Did you threaten to cancel your holiday?

Unfortunately I suspect they’ve pulled the staff off other duties to read the party line.
Yes I did even going as far as giving them my res number.

The call was from a whole sale coordinator. I have ever faith in them passing on my complaint.

Will it do any good I’d doubt it but at least I said my bit.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Did she dare end the conversation with “Have a magical day!” ? 😂
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Back in 2019 I put in a complaint email. I was phoned within 24 hrs.

Fired off one today with my "special" ID number

I await a personal call from the CEO and a lifetime of free holidays.

Then I woke up😂😂😂

No I did email though
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List