Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Meepsmum
I want to go now!

Excursions at Nassau

Hello!
We're going to take the plunge and book our first ever Cruise on the Wish next year - eeeek!
What excursions are recommended at Nassau? We are a family of 2 with two active boys 10 and 7.
I'm sort of tempted to enjoy quiet time on the ship as the boys love being in the pool, slides etc but don't want to miss fun excursions on Nassau either!
Meepsmum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We really didn’t think Nassau was very nice at all. I’m sure there are some extortionately priced excursions but if we went again we would enjoy the day on a quiet ship while it is in the port.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We quite liked our trip around Nassau, but were influenced by what turned out to be the tail-end of a hurricane when we arrived, and the pouring rain didn't help us to enjoy it as much as we could have done! We did a 2.5 hour bus tour, which was almost cancelled as at first we were the only people booked on it, but then another 6 people signed up so it was able to go ahead. It's only a very small group because they do the tour in a small mini-bus. We got complimentary bottles of water, and found the tour to be fun and interesting. The tour guide and driver were really lovely, and very informative.

We booked this in advance on the Disney Cruise Line website, and it cost about $70 each in October 2017.

The downtown area of Nassau, with all the shops, was a bit disappointing for us, it was all either really expensive, designer-wear stuff, or cheap tourist tat, so apart from buying a slab of local rum cake, we didn't spend much time or money there. But it was worth a look round, as we had the time.

I'm not sure whether your boys would enjoy this, however, it would probably be a bit boring for them, but there are lots of other things to choose from such as jet-skiing, snorkelling, parasailing, swimming with dolphins, etc., which may be better for you as a family.

Have fun!
Old 25 Dec 21, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
I quite liked the downtown area myself but as said a bit pricey and the usual tourist stuff which were a bit samey in each of the shops.

I wanted to do the Pirate Museum, was ok.

The Atlantis waterpark is an option but very pricey if I recall.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Nassau in October (not as part of a cruise). There’s a lot of interesting stuff to learn if you were on a tour although whether this will appeal to your boys im not sure. I didn’t think much of the downtown area at all. I did comment at the time that im not sure how impressed I’d be if I saw Nassau as a cruise stop
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

When we stopped at Nassau on a Disney cruise we bought tickets for day access to the private beach at a hotel ( can’t remember which one but it was a short walk from the cruise ship). I’m the tickets included lunch and a drink ( best mojito in my entire life!) and we enjoyed a few hours just snorkelling. Saw some amazing fish.
It was perfect for us, just a few hours, not too expensive, felt safe and secure and really enjoyed some beach time.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
When we stopped at Nassau on a Disney cruise we bought tickets for day access to the private beach at a hotel ( can’t remember which one but it was a short walk from the cruise ship). I’m the tickets included lunch and a drink ( best mojito in my entire life!) and we enjoyed a few hours just snorkelling. Saw some amazing fish.
It was perfect for us, just a few hours, not too expensive, felt safe and secure and really enjoyed some beach time.
We looked at the British colonial Hotel beach pass. It sounds similar.

In the end we just walked around the straw market but I think I would book the hotel beach if we went back.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We'll be on the Wish this summer and the plan is to stay on the ship and enjoy it. The cruise is only 4 days and having been to Nassau before, we'd rather enjoy the ship as there wasn't anything unusual to see in Nassau .

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Disney cruises are so expensive - having been to Nassau several times on different lines, Id stay on the boat tbh. If you must feel you visited, its easy to get off the boat and sample the local town within 10 mins walk …… and then turn around and get back on the ship when you realise how awful it is x
Old 26 Dec 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

My Dd is on the Magic atm and was excited when Disney allowed them off the ship in Nassau this month... excitement didn't last long apparently but she enjoyed the chance to stretch her legs. Covid restrictions are being tightened onboard, all staff back to wearing masks in all areas, even outside and shoreleave and lots of activities are currently cancelled. There is talk of cruises being cancelled again so keep your eyes open.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List