Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 9 Nov 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Great review and I am surprised how much Jay Rayner looks like Marco Pierre White even if he might not be to enamoured with the comparison.

I did smile at another online comment saying if I wanted hair in my steak I would ask my husband to roll salt down his hairy armpit

As soon as I saw the article where Nusr has now moved onto the UAE , I thought of this article and I note there have also been comments on line that he pays his chefs £10 an hour ...which ironically is less than they pay in Aldi for those supporting this supermarket by buying the Tomahawk steak , which if this thread has taught me anything it is to go and buy one!
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
She comes across as a bit of a spoiled Diva to be honest, although it may just be all for show.
We regularly cook the Aldi tomahawks on our bbq too, I think we should both start charging the family £850 when we cook them!
Apparently it is not just for show, and judging by comments on some other more radical forums the way she treats her staff is disgusting.
I have the dubious honour of being banned from her Insta and the DM for calling her out on her vegan advice by telling her followers that her collagen face products which contain fish are vegan. I don't suppose I will be allowed to go to one of her business seminars she charges £900+ for
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Apparently it is not just for show, and judging by comments on some other more radical forums the way she treats her staff is disgusting.
I have the dubious honour of being banned from her Insta and the DM for calling her out on her vegan advice by telling her followers that her collagen face products which contain fish are vegan. I don't suppose I will be allowed to go to one of her business seminars she charges £900+ for
She's not very bright is she.
I would be quite proud that she had banned me if I were you.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
She's not very bright is she.
I would be quite proud that she had banned me if I were you.
I think it was her PR people tbh,I doubt she sees many of her post as she only replies to the nice ones
Old 12 Nov 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

If it's Wagyu and especially A5 Wagyu, it's probably over $100 per pound so over £76 per pound.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I often think when people recommend expensive steak restaurants how good can a steak be? I only eat fillet (or filet depending where we are) and I hate chewy meat. My last two steaks at Miller and Carter have been fabulous as was one in a place called Fire Jacks.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List