Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Just home after our Greek Island cruise with Royal Caribbean

First trip with Royal and wow we couldn’t fault them! Loved everything and will definitely sail with them again
We were on Jewel, one of their smaller ships
Itinerary wise - Rhodes wow what an unexpected gem
Mykonos fantastic
Santorini disappointed to start but improved after we caught the bus to Oia
Any questions please ask
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We did a greek islands cruise with NCL in 2019 and loved all 3 of those ports! Love RCL too though we have only been on the independence and the Anthem.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
First trip with Royal and wow we couldn’t fault them! Loved everything and will definitely sail with them again
Mykonos fantastic
Any questions please ask
We were on the same cruise on the 2nd October. Couldn't fault it and at the price we paid well worth it.
Very port heavy I thought but didn't get off at Rhodes as have been there twice including last year.
Santorini was beautiful when you got to Oia and also thought Chania lovely too in fact would like to go back there for maybe a weeks holiday.
Managed to upgrade from a interior to a Balcony for $250 (£183) which I was well happy about as I'd Royal Bid for £205 and not got it
Old 2 Nov 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Did you fly to Cyprus to join this cruise? My friend who lives there was on this cruise and I wondered how it worked.

She posted some beautiful pictures on Facebook and also especially loved Rhodes.

Looked to be cold in Greece (judging by the photos) and raining in Chania so it has slightly put me off the Greek Islands at this time of year - how did you find it?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mykonos fantastic
Any questions please ask
We were on the same cruise. Also loved it. Now detoxing and eating healthily as ate and drank sooo much lol.
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mykonos fantastic
Any questions please ask
We had been on cruise to crete/greece and we loved it and I wonder why you said Santorini disappointed to start?

Santorini is so beautiful and we went there twice and love it
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
We had been on cruise to crete/greece and we loved it and I wonder why you said Santorini disappointed to start?

Santorini is so beautiful and we went there twice and love it
After Mykonos we found the shops were selling a lot of tat and it was extremely touristy
Felt very sad seeing the poor donkeys being dragged up steps by the grumpy guy who shouted at anyone in the way
Oia very different though and much nicer
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
We were on the same cruise. Also loved it. Now detoxing and eating healthily as ate and drank sooo much lol.
Same here! Are so much! 3 courses every night!
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Did you fly to Cyprus to join this cruise? My friend who lives there was on this cruise and I wondered how it worked.

She posted some beautiful pictures on Facebook and also especially loved Rhodes.

Looked to be cold in Greece (judging by the photos) and raining in Chania so it has slightly put me off the Greek Islands at this time of year - how did you find it?

Yes we were on the charter flight into Cyprus
They had coaches waiting that took us to the port
We had to do the Cyprus flight pass before leaving the U.K.
The weather was quite cool on some days, I think I’d go in September or early October if we go again
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Yes we were on the charter flight into Cyprus
They had coaches waiting that took us to the port
We had to do the Cyprus flight pass before leaving the U.K.
The weather was quite cool on some days, I think I’d go in September or early October if we go again
We did our Greek Island cruise with Silverseas in early September and the weather was fantastic, warm enough but not overpowering hot. Out neighbours did a similar cruise in August but it was way too hot.

Glad you had fun, all good research
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List