Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

First time cruise - who do you book with?

As the title suggests, thinking of booking a cruise for July (Norwegian Fjords with RCI) but am not sure who's best to book with - direct? any UK agents? Obviously looking to get a decent offer, but also good customer service in case anything goes wrong e.g. covid cancellation.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked direct and with Cruise118. Cruise forums always seem to recommend Bolsover Cruises so I will take a look at them next time. If you are eligible for blue light discounts you usually need to book direct.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

We've used cruise118 the last 6 or so times.
They have always been great. We have booked our flights with them a few times too, they have been able to price match flight prices we have found.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We have booked direct and with Cruise118. Cruise forums always seem to recommend Bolsover Cruises so I will take a look at them next time. If you are eligible for blue light discounts you usually need to book direct.
Thanks. Cruise118 have a decent price and mainly good reviews but I was wondering whether there was an advantage in booking direct? (especially in the event of a covid-related cancellation).

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
We've used cruise118 the last 6 or so times.
They have always been great. We have booked our flights with them a few times too, they have been able to price match flight prices we have found.
Thanks. Looking at cruise only on this occasion but good to know they are able to price match flights too.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
At least booking through an agent you have a better chance of actually getting to speak to someone if a problem arises. We found P & O impossible to get through to on the phone, customer service pre cruise was shocking. With an agent you do have someone to help if a problem arises. Maybe also try Hays Travel. They are on the high street and you can ask them to price match.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I like Tom at Cruise.co.uk

Always beats the direct price
Old 2 Nov 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
At least booking through an agent you have a better chance of actually getting to speak to someone if a problem arises. We found P & O impossible to get through to on the phone, customer service pre cruise was shocking. With an agent you do have someone to help if a problem arises. Maybe also try Hays Travel. They are on the high street and you can ask them to price match.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of Hays Travel - I think I'll pop in to out local one and see what they can offer.

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I like Tom at Cruise.co.uk

Always beats the direct price
Thanks, I'll give him a try.
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

We've used planet cruise a few times now, often a little cheaper than going direct.
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
We usually book with our local TA - my friend works there too.

Try Poppy at Bolsover cruises as they get great reviews - very active on Facebook too which I like.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzymum23 View Post
We've used planet cruise a few times now, often a little cheaper than going direct.
I'll take a look, thank you!

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
We usually book with our local TA - my friend works there too.

Try Poppy at Bolsover cruises as they get great reviews - very active on Facebook too which I like.
I'll take a look at this as well, thank you!