Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 21 Nov 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Trickytenrec View Post
I used to work at Waitrose, and we would have asked to re-scan the whole shopping. All the stocks levels are monitored closely for ordering purposes and so needs to go through the till. Unfortunately these things happen with technology. Personally I would have got it re-scan. It’s not one fault these things do happen.
I was in W'rose several years ago when all the tills went down full electric outage, halfway thru my shopping being checked out. Manager called out no more checking. She then walked to every checkout estimated the costs to each customer being served, we paid up and packed our stuff & were all happy at the probable underestimate. Obviously things have changed nowadays.
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I worked in Tesco many years ago, and how times have changed. We were trained that if the till went down, we would serve our current queue, but not accept any more customers to join the line. We then would underestimate the customers trolleys and charge them what was reasonable but always beneficial to the customer as it wasn’t their fault that the tills were down and it was an inconvenience to them
We had a similar policy where I used to work but it was only if all the checkouts went down. If only
one went down then we’d move to another till and rescan the items.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I work in a supermarket and have a lot of experience of working on tills. We would have had to scan the products again. It’s awful when it happens . However what we do at Morrison’s we would have got someone to unpack and put it on a new till for you as would have offered to repack your shopping . Would have offered a customer discount voucher for the inconvenience.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

I would agree that the shopping needs to be re-scanned, but would’ve thought (as it was a large shop & all packed away) that the manager would offer a discount due to the inconvenience and also got another member of staff to re-pack as it was scanned. I can understand your husband was annoyed (I would be) but a discount off would’ve probably lightened my mood if it was me!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I would also have expected the whole shop to need to be rescanned, due to stock control etc. I would have hoped that the till staff would have offered to help repack the backs, maybe put each back on the band - scan a bag at a time and repack
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My wife works for Tesco's & that's exactly the policy, they would normally put the shopping through another till but repack it all for you & often offer a small compensation of some free Clubcard points.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Trickytenrec View Post
I used to work at Waitrose, and we would have asked to re-scan the whole shopping. All the stocks levels are monitored closely for ordering purposes and so needs to go through the till. Unfortunately these things happen with technology. Personally I would have got it re-scan. It’s not one fault these things do happen.
Thats right, I work for M&S and I had often that happened when till broke down at end. I have to move to another till and re-scan all shopping. Its not our fault but sometime customers had nasty to me or throw all foods and walked away. I get upset or hurt feeling Its not nice. Its technology problem.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The same happened to me at self scan till in Tesco a few weekends ago. It seemed it was just a problem with the self scan tills. A lovely young girl took me to an closed normal till, opened it up, scanned and repacked everything bag for me. I offered to just chucking all on the belt and repack myself but she wouldn’t hear of it. It looks like it all depends on the staff Sandra as they should have offered to do it for you.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

I use scan and shop and got called for a random check. Unfortunately the girl scanned one item twice by mistake. This meant the system showed I had something in my trolley that I hadn’t scanned. The assistant could not override her error and I had to go to a till, unpack everything and then have my shop rescanned. Over £150 worth of shopping. The shop assistant was really apologetic. I didn’t walk out or complain. Was it inconvenient? Of course. No one wants to spend any more time than they want to in a supermarket but sometimes things happen and technology goes wrong. I work with computers and they sometimes let me down when I am talking to a client and some clients can be horrible. If nothing else this had taught me to be patient with others
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Worked at Waitrose and Asda, we would have had to rescan the whole thing.

Whilst it’s annoying, if I had the time I would have just let them rescan. If I didn’t have the time I would have explained, probably apologise because it’s not their fault I can’t stay, nor is if anyone’s fault there’s a system error, and then left.

I always use the hand healed now though. We’re having a bit of a crisis at the moment, quiet bad and serious to be honest but we were in Tesco yesterday and our shopping had to be rescanned for one of those check things. It was annoying, we were both very stressed and being in there was making things worse. But it’s no ones fault.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List