Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Dec 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Back after a lovely trip to Disneyland and Vegas.

Landed this afternoon from a lovely trip .

If you go with BA/AA use VeriFLY it will save so much time at both ends … plenty hadn’t in LAX last night and they were causing serious hold ups .

I had 6 days in Vegas , Vegas was extremely busy , More families there than I’ve ever seen before .
Which isn’t a issue for us , we had a 3 yr old with us .

We did the Secret Garden with tickets from MyVEGAS but I wouldn’t pay for it , there’s 3 tigers, 1 lion and a Leopard .. all looked extremely fed up .. I’d be surprised if it remains open much longer .

Glittering Lights at the Speedway was excellent, ( I don’t know the cost my friend paid ) but you drive around the outside of the race track to look at the various light displays .

We saw Santa at Downtown Summerlin which was also lovely , My granddaughter loved it .

My daughter and my friend went to Zak Bagans museum which they both really enjoyed and were there for a couple of hours .

Bellagio Conservatory is as always simply beautiful to look at .

Gas is over $4 now so obviously more expensive than previous trips and I think overall things have become a little dearer , which we expected

Pretty much everywhere charges for parking now , MGM hotels are cheaper than Caesars group hotels .

Far less homeless than before on the strip ,I suspect they’ve been rounded up and moved on again to the Downtown area.

The smell of weed is everywhere on the strip , But when there’s so many dispensaries it’s not surprising.

We stayed as we always do at South Point and as usual had no complaints

Now counting down the days till we go back in Feb
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Landed this afternoon from a lovely trip .

If you go with BA/AA use VeriFLY it will save so much time at both ends … plenty hadn’t in LAX last night and they were causing serious hold ups .

I had 6 days in Vegas , Vegas was extremely busy , More families there than I’ve ever seen before .
Which isn’t a issue for us , we had a 3 yr old with us .

We did the Secret Garden with tickets from MyVEGAS but I wouldn’t pay for it , there’s 3 tigers, 1 lion and a Leopard .. all looked extremely fed up .. I’d be surprised if it remains open much longer .

Glittering Lights at the Speedway was excellent, ( I don’t know the cost my friend paid ) but you drive around the outside of the race track to look at the various light displays .

We saw Santa at Downtown Summerlin which was also lovely , My granddaughter loved it .

My daughter and my friend went to Zak Bagans museum which they both really enjoyed and were there for a couple of hours .

Bellagio Conservatory is as always simply beautiful to look at .

Gas is over $4 now so obviously more expensive than previous trips and I think overall things have become a little dearer , which we expected

Pretty much everywhere charges for parking now , MGM hotels are cheaper than Caesars group hotels .

Far less homeless than before on the strip ,I suspect they’ve been rounded up and moved on again to the Downtown area.

The smell of weed is everywhere on the strip , But when there’s so many dispensaries it’s not surprising.

We stayed as we always do at South Point and as usual had no complaints

Now counting down the days till we go back in Feb
Glad to hear you had a great holiday, how did your granddaughter get on with her mask on the flight? I remember you saying she’d been practicing beforehand x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Glad to hear you had a great holiday, how did your granddaughter get on with her mask on the flight? I remember you saying she’d been practicing beforehand x
She was fine , she has cloth masks as they are better for her skin ( she has chronic eczema). Fortunately for us she has a good
understand for her age so once we explained she had to wear
It because of a bad germ she was fine .

She wore it on the flight and in LAX on arrival .
Once over there she had to wear it in Disney in shops / rides etc

Most children I saw wearing masks seemed happy enough .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List