Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Dec 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all for your nice comments. I never got all my file of paperwork back, including Andys cards! It will be a disappointing start on the 15th for him!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rough start to the holiday, I'm not sure DW and I would have recovered our composure from the lost paperwork so quickly. Good that you're able to soldier on with having a good time injury or no injury
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 6
We went to Cooper’s Hawk winery last night. This was our favourite meal so far. We’ve nit been before. The starters were amazing. Unfortunately we ate the sprout starter before I could get a photo. The pretzel bread was good and we also had chicken lettuce wraps.

I had the pistachio crusted grouper and Andy had the potato topped scallops.

I had a negroni and a glass of red and Andy had a Diet Coke (he doesn’t like drinking) which is why he always drives!

We managed to stay up until 10pm. Chatted to one of our sons who tested positive yesterday for covid this week after working in London all week. He’s not too bad but yet another thing to worry about!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m trying not to think about all the months of preparation that went into that file! He lost his wallet, laptop and phone on 3 different occasions in the month before this holiday (luckily all found). He’s not had any time off work for 2 years due to the pandemic as he supplies the NHS with the green wipes and lots of other essential stuff. I think he’s ready for this trip!
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 7

Mini golf followed by Walmart pizza in the room!
Day 8
We had a couple of snacks from Morocco for lunch which were really good

I had made a booking for wine bar George for dinner so we got the boat over from Saratoga. I had requested the balcony seating but didn’t get it. We were in a corridor by the toilets which wasn’t the best. I had a very expensive zombie cocktail and Andy finally had a beer.

We shared some small plates which were all good
Hot olives

Crispy Mac and cheese bites

Beet salad

Octopus salad

A Greek cheese dish which I can’t remember the name of which they set fire to at the table

It was a good meal but very expensive. We had one glass of wine, one cocktail, 2 beers and the 5 plates which was $145 plus tip.
Old 9 Dec 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Love the look of the Moroccan food 😋

Wine Bar George is new since we were last there. Would you recommend it?
Old 9 Dec 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Wine bar George was ok but not as good as some of our offsite food and much more expensive.
Old 9 Dec 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thanks Jan
We only have four nights at SSR in March so it’s not making the cut based on that!
Old 9 Dec 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re off to chef arts for fried chicken tonight so I will report back. Not been before but it seems to have good reviews. Not had moonshine before either so will be sampling!
Old 10 Dec 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 9
Saratoga salad in the room but forgot photos
Day 10
We got the boat over to disney springs for our reservation at chef arts. This was a difficult place to get a reservation and was really busy when we got there. We got a lovely table inside by the water. I knew the portions were big so no starters. I had a moonshine mush which was watermelon flavour and really nice and refreshing.

I had the fried chicken with Mac and cheese. It was so good

Andy had the steak. It was deep fried and I think he wished he had had the chicken.

We then shared the shine cake with ice cream but I only remembered the photo half way through!

I had to glasses of red and Andy had 2 beers and the cost was $121 plus tip.
A really good meal.
We’re just packing up for 3 nights at the grand Floridian villas. Steakhouse 71 tonight.