Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 9 Dec 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Hotel chocolate velvetiser

Just ordered one from Currys, with 2 cups and box of 10 sachets of hot choc for £89.99, a bit cheaper than HC direct and with the extras but no subscription!
Old 9 Dec 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
slightly serious Dibber

We really like it. We got one last Christmas. They are slightly cheaper at Costco. I think they are about £87 online not sure if they are cheaper in store
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have bought one for daughter for Christmas (well for both of us really ! ) I hope it’s as good as I am expecting it to be.

I ordered mine Black Friday from Currys £89 with a £26 Hotel Chocolat online store credit. Having a bit of a battle about the credit with HC as they are saying the offer had expired Not according to the T & C’s it hadn’t and I’m like a dog with a bone 😂

Edited to say I have received my credit. Ordered 6 different pouches as there is a 3 for £20 offer on.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving mine, birthday present last month
I think I’m addicted
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Loving mine, birthday present last month
I think I’m addicted
Could I ask if you always use Hotel Chocolat ? Can you use other brands as long as you chop the chocolate up quite small ? I have heard it is quite easy to damage the motor but not sure if this is just HC wanting you to buy only their products !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Could I ask if you always use Hotel Chocolat ? Can you use other brands as long as you chop the chocolate up quite small ? I have heard it is quite easy to damage the motor but not sure if this is just HC wanting you to buy only their products !
We often use green and blacks hot chocolate. It’s not quite as chocolatey abs HC but still very nice. And about half the price.

I wouldn’t use ‘chopped’ chocolate. It needs to be flakes.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I got a velvetiser for Christmas last year, mine was from qvc and then you got two limited edition tins with classic flakes in one and salted caramel flakes in the other and the two mugs, then there was an offer in the box that if you bought an everything mixed box from hotel Chocolat you got another for free with a code in the box, definitely register your velvetiser and hotel Chocolat send you online offers every so often, I'm wanting to get the black forest sachets next haven't tried those yet
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We often use green and blacks hot chocolate. It’s not quite as chocolatey abs HC but still very nice. And about half the price.

I wouldn’t use ‘chopped’ chocolate. It needs to be flakes.
Thank you. Is the green and blacks a powdered hot chocolate ?
We don’t have a HC store near us and the postage seems quite pricey.
I saw a you tube video of someone using finely chopped chocolate. Maybe not such a good idea then.
Old 10 Dec 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It is more like a powder but you mix with milk rather than water.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I got a velvetiser for Christmas last year, mine was from qvc and then you got two limited edition tins with classic flakes in one and salted caramel flakes in the other and the two mugs, then there was an offer in the box that if you bought an everything mixed box from hotel Chocolat you got another for free with a code in the box, definitely register your velvetiser and hotel Chocolat send you online offers every so often, I'm wanting to get the black forest sachets next haven't tried those yet
Oh dear, Black Forest! Off to search for that now-lol