Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Dec 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I have now received e mails about both flights. Awarded the compensation for 27th but flight on 11th declined as state it was operational reasons for delay so not liable to pay compensation! So some good and some disappointing news.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

I just wanted to say thank you for such an entertaining read with my morning cup of tea.

Luckily I am working from home cos I was chortling out loud and actually spat some tea over my keyboard at one point!

I think you should consider a new career as a stand-up comedian.

Thank you again - a great start to my day
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I have now received e mails about both flights. Awarded the compensation for 27th but flight on 11th declined as state it was operational reasons for delay so not liable to pay compensation! So some good and some disappointing news.
Has it been paid out? Im still waiting for mine.

Disappointing for the 11th!
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Has it been paid out? Im still waiting for mine.

Disappointing for the 11th!
Not yet, this was just initial e mail that I have to reply stating if I was vouchers or money.
Very disappointing about 11th. I would like to dispute it but dont know how to. I would also like the information that's supports this to see if it's the same as we experienced.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Not yet, this was just initial e mail that I have to reply stating if I was vouchers or money.
Very disappointing about 11th. I would like to dispute it but dont know how to. I would also like the information that's supports this to see if it's the same as we experienced.
I think its BS. They were still BA employed ground crew I believe, plus we were late waiting for passengers because the queue for check in reached 2 hours!

I find it hard to believe the virgin service which flew a similar time and only left 45 minutes late had the same issues if it really was out of BA's hands.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I think its BS. They were still BA employed ground crew I believe, plus we were late waiting for passengers because the queue for check in reached 2 hours!

I find it hard to believe the virgin service which flew a similar time and only left 45 minutes late had the same issues if it really was out of BA's hands.
The ground crew at MCO are no longer BA employees, it's been outsourced. That's what I was told when our flight the week before was delayed anyway - thankfully not as long though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PopAlways
Excited about Disney

“The crowds are mental, and be prepared for your ankles to be rammed by morbidly obese people on scooters, who you can’t help but feel wouldnt be as fat if they used their stumpy legs. “

Are people on this “friendly” forum really ok with this being said?
PopAlways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PopAlways View Post
“The crowds are mental, and be prepared for your ankles to be rammed by morbidly obese people on scooters, who you can’t help but feel wouldnt be as fat if they used their stumpy legs. “

I’ve just read this thread and can’t believe how rude some of it is.
No I’m not okay with this being said, totally uncalled for and unnecessary!

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ehhh ... I've been hanging back. It's a joke that's often made, and I appreciate that ECVs are often driven carelessly and whack people in the ankles. And also that I'm sure there is abuse of them, and it's annoying when 1 person with an ECV plus a family of 15 all suddenly jump the bus queue.

Also, the thread is very much in a comedy style, 'saying the unsayable' in the manner of someone like Frankie Boyle (who I don't like so I don't watch him). So I've hesitated to be a party pooper on what is overall a very funny thread.

However...

In previous years I have made my way up a packed Main Street USA with an ECV user, and believe me, nobody uses those things just because they are too lazy to walk. ECVs put out a lot of heat, they are clunky and heavy and take forever to get through a crowd. People are oblivious to repeated bell-ringing/horn honking and shouts of 'Excuse me please!' so they just walk right in front of you or don't bother to get out of the way. Kids run right out in front of you at the last minute, and then their parents scream at you because they weren't watching their own child.

Then you have all the judgey people thinking you are only using it because you're too lazy or too fat to walk. Well, guess what, many people who can't walk far because of disabilities are overweight. Doesn't mean they are using an ECV because they can't be bothered walking.

I am overweight. Very much so. I lost 3 stone last year and then put it back on over lockdown. I now have arthritic knees and it's painful to walk. I'm still trying to lose the weight, but have also seriously considered hiring an ECV for my next WDW trip, as there is a big difference between everyday walking and the 10 miles a day involved in a typical WDW holiday.

So yes, I'd be one of those people with stumpy legs, who would be getting off their ECV and walking to rides. Still want to insult me?

Nevertheless, the thread is very funny overall and i'd hate to think we can't have a laugh at some of the things that go on. Just maybe consider that things aren't always the way we see them.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PopAlways View Post

Yes I am
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List