Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I've claimed for both those flights and heard nothing back yet. I dont want vouchers as never plan on using BA ever again after the 2 diabolical flights we had. The one on 11th was beyond a joke!
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Bear in mind I think the vouchers can be used to book hotels - 300euro cash or 450euro voucher against a hotel?

That's a free night at a Universal hotel for us in the bag.

Edit - looks like they are flight only - From Ba.com

Hotels, cars and other travel extras

Although you cannot use an eVoucher to pay for hotel stays, car rental or other travel extras that are available through British Airways, you can add these after you have made your flight booking through Manage My Booking, and pay with a credit or debit card as usual.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Bear in mind I think the vouchers can be used to book hotels - 300euro cash or 450euro voucher against a hotel?

That's a free night at a Universal hotel for us in the bag.
I thought they were flight only 😬
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sutheli
slightly serious Dibber

We were on the MCO -LHR flight on the 11th December and we were delayed four hours on the plane before take off as the TSA had detained 15 passengers who had already checked in. The pilot advised that as they had checked in we had to wait for them. They did all join us eventually.Then there was an issue with luggage delayed and incomplete paperwork for the luggage.
We took off four hours and three minutes late and arrived in uk three and a half hours late.
I did look at the BA website about compensation but it states that if the delay is due to a security issue you cannot claim compensation.
Was anyone else on the flight? Do you plan to try and claim?
We also got an email to apologise for the delay a couple of hours after landing.
sutheli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sutheli View Post
We were on the MCO -LHR flight on the 11th December and we were delayed four hours on the plane before take off as the TSA had detained 15 passengers who had already checked in. The pilot advised that as they had checked in we had to wait for them. They did all join us eventually.Then there was an issue with luggage delayed and incomplete paperwork for the luggage.
We took off four hours and three minutes late and arrived in uk three and a half hours late.
I did look at the BA website about compensation but it states that if the delay is due to a security issue you cannot claim compensation.
We also got an email to apologise for the delay a couple of hours after landing.
We were and I now have. I thought he'd said it was because of bags - TSA wanted to scrutinise them more. We were waiting for 2 pallets. Then we were waiting for around 20 passengers because of delays through security. Separately I heard lines for BA check in were 2 hours so that would potentially have impacted it. American airports suggest 2-3 hours prior so if you turned up at 2 hours you'd have been screwed. The reason we couldn't go was because they would have to unload luggage and I presume they thought that would take longer LOL. The pilot would not have made the decision- it would have been a manager sat somewhere.

Then they hadn't been given the figures that they legally require to take off regarding baggage so had to wait for that.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sutheli View Post
Yes I was on that flight and have put a claim in, I've put 2 claims in for both flights as delayed arrival both times of over 3 hours.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
I thought they were flight only 😬
They are, just checked...

Hotels, cars and other travel extras

Although you cannot use an eVoucher to pay for hotel stays, car rental or other travel extras that are available through British Airways, you can add these after you have made your flight booking through Manage My Booking, and pay with a credit or debit card as usual.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Yes I was on that flight and have put a claim in, I've put 2 claims in for both flights as delayed arrival both times of over 3 hours.
On the flight too, have put claim in for both delays. First has already been agreed, 2nd will be interesting as if they reject it they are supposed to attached the logs for the reason why. Will be interesting to see how the logs match up with what we were told at the time.
Old 13 Dec 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
On the flight too, have put claim in for both delays. First has already been agreed, 2nd will be interesting as if they reject it they are supposed to attached the logs for the reason why. Will be interesting to see how the logs match up with what we were told at the time.
wish i'd recorded it! I wonder if anyone spoke to any of the people late onto the plane.
Old 14 Dec 21, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
wish i'd recorded it! I wonder if anyone spoke to any of the people late onto the plane.
4 of them sat directly behind me, I had my headphones on and was trying to ignore them as much as possible. To say they were noisy when they got on board was an understatement. They seemed oblivious that we'd been sitting there for 3 hours, they took ages squabbling amongst themselves of who was sitting where and where the bags should go.