Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Dec 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Anyone picked up their Morrison’s food to order yet?

I’m so disappointed with the dates on mine
I have 25/12 on the spiced red cabbage
26/12 on the roasts,parsnips,heritage carrots
£18 cooked ham joint with the 26th on! I’m going to have to switch this and have for Xmas dinner instead of the pork
Most of the party food has the 26/12 on .
Having to eat what’s running out of date and can’t be frozen first .rather than what I had planned
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Didn't bother ordering from this year, as last year on Christmas Eve we got a call in the morning to tell us that the turkey crown along with the majority of order wasn't available so had to do a quick trip to Aldi.
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Didn't bother ordering from this year, as last year on Christmas Eve we got a call in the morning to tell us that the turkey crown along with the majority of order wasn't available so had to do a quick trip to Aldi.
No I don’t think I would bother again the food does look lovely but it was to span a few days not two .I would have found better dates in Aldi !
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
My parents picked ours up this morning. We only ordered food for tomorrow so less of an issue for us. We did it last year and geld it worked well for us.
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is the reason I stopped online food ordering. I think the short dates seem to be in other stores too though. I did my shop at M & S yesterday and found many of the items were also really short dates.

I think many items are fine for a day or so after date but not when paying full price !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
16yr old picking your food and a 17 year old carefully delivering it. What could possibly go wrong.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
16yr old picking your food and a 17 year old carefully delivering it. What could possibly go wrong.
I don’t think the age of the staff makes a difference. The pickers are under strict time restrictions and just take the nearest item on the shelf. I think all the shops are selling goods very close to date just now.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I went to M&S on Wednesday as it was the last chance I had to go and get bits for a Boxing Day buffet but hardly any of the food I wanted had long enough dates. So I went to Sainsbury's and got everything I wanted with dates of 27th or even later.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List