Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Dec 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Getting there early sounds like a good plan to me
Old 29 Dec 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

So if I did go for Plan 2, what might be better is to change it from:

Wednesday - Beach day and possibly Griffiths observatory for sunset (sunset 5.40pm ish)
Thursday - Universal

To:
Wednesday - Beach day
Thursday - Universal and possibly Griffiths Observatory on the way back...

We'd be nearer to the observatory anyway (thinking about traffic)...perhaps we might have to skip the idea of sunset but still go up there to see the view at night - if we're not too tired out from a full day at Universal.

That might work? Jet lag should be over by then and we could eat at City Walk to give the traffic time to die down before heading over.

Hmm...
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
So if I did go for Plan 2, what might be better is to change it from:

Wednesday - Beach day and possibly Griffiths observatory for sunset (sunset 5.40pm ish)
Thursday - Universal

To:
Wednesday - Beach day
Thursday - Universal and possibly Griffiths Observatory on the way back...

We'd be nearer to the observatory anyway (thinking about traffic)...perhaps we might have to skip the idea of sunset but still go up there to see the view at night - if we're not too tired out from a full day at Universal.

That might work? Jet lag should be over by then and we could eat at City Walk to give the traffic time to die down before heading over.

Hmm...

I flew over on a Dreamliner so no jetlag. I would do Universal for the day then pop over to observatory for sunset (bearing in mind parking there) but they are sort of in the same neck of the woods (LA wise)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I flew over on a Dreamliner so no jetlag. I would do Universal for the day then pop over to observatory for sunset (bearing in mind parking there) but they are sort of in the same neck of the woods (LA wise)
We're flying Virgin Atlantic but I'm not sure what we're flying on (apart from a plane obviously ). Economy on the way there...although Upper Class on the way back...little splurge to help reduce jet lag as I will be back at work on the Monday.
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
We're flying Virgin Atlantic but I'm not sure what we're flying on (apart from a plane obviously ). Economy on the way there...although Upper Class on the way back...little splurge to help reduce jet lag as I will be back at work on the Monday.
I was on the VS 7 which was a Dreamliner but flying back on a A350 (upper both ways as it really helps my jetlag and I love using the social spaces)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

I was on the VS 7 which was a Dreamliner but flying back on a A350 (upper both ways as it really helps my jetlag and I love using the social spaces)
The best we've ever flown is Premium Economy so I am beyond excited about flying back Upper Class.
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

That sounds better to me

Upper is AMAZING 🤩
Old 30 Dec 21, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had no jet lag at all this year.. We landed 2pm , left the car hire about 4 (would have been quicker if Avis had got their act together ).. We arrived at the Hilton Anaheim 17.45 that was a Monday, and the quickest we have done the journey ..

We got changed, went to target , got food, wandered around Downtown Disney, went to bed about 11 and got up at 7 the next morning and went to California Adventure .

However I’ve had plenty of journeys when the 65 mile journey from LAX to Ontario Mills 65 miles away has taken 4-5 hrs .

If you don’t want go in the actual observatory , you can go any day . We’ve been a few times when the actual building is closed but the grounds are open , and we only really go for the views .

Also i dont know if you’ve been in Feb before ? I have many times and the beaches can be really windy. , Huntingdon is my favourite beach and not too far from Anaheim , but it can be a little windy, We just usually have half a day there.

Edited at 01:59 AM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sorry lol but yes driving from Beach to Observatory will take a couple of hours in rush hour time (sunset) for sure then back again to hotel. Fr some reason LA traffic has got so worse since the pandemic - maybe less people using public transport ? Its truly horrendous
Absolutely

We drove from Vegas to LAX to fly home … traffic was absolutely fine till about 20 miles from LAX ,then it was horrendously slow, took almost as long to do those 20 miles as it did from Vegas to there..We literally barely moved .. frustrating.

My husband can’t wait to do it all again in a few weeks
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List