Old 2 Jan 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Good or bad food over Xmas?

I always order stuff from M&S or Waitrose. I loved the Colin the caterpillar elf chocolate roll from M&S and also enjoyed the cider topped cheddar cheese bake. Any other recommendations or to avoids?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We avoid virtually all prepared food.

Nothing beats home cooked stuff from scratch.

Loads of time off to prepare and share.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We loved the ultimate pork crackling joint from M&S (so much so that we’ve bought two more to freeze).

I know others mentioned enjoying the turkey and ham pie from M&S, but we’ve had that today and didn’t find it that impressive.

I had read (I think it was on here somewhere!) that people loved the Tesco fresh cream chocolate Yule log, so I ordered one of those but found that quite dry and tasteless so wouldn’t bother again.

As always loved my M&S garnish pack and their fresh bread sauce - they make Christmas dinner for me! 😊
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
We loved the ultimate pork crackling joint from M&S (so much so that we’ve bought two more to freeze).

I know others mentioned enjoying the turkey and ham pie from M&S, but we’ve had that today and didn’t find it that impressive.

I had read (I think it was on here somewhere!) that people loved the Tesco fresh cream chocolate Yule log, so I ordered one of those but found that quite dry and tasteless so wouldn’t bother again.

As always loved my M&S garnish pack and their fresh bread sauce - they make Christmas dinner for me! 😊
I agree on the Tesco fresh cream Yule log, not much actual cream in the middle of it and very dry sponge.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We had a Morrisons finest chocolate orange pannetone this year and it really was delicious. Not cheap at £7, but worth it. Although DS’s fiancée got one for half price 2 days after Christmas 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

All my food was bad, its made me put half a stone on.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

We were really disappointed with m&s sticky toffee pudding crown. There wasn’t enough sauce for the size of the pudding. Paid £20 aswell…
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post

I get the Tesco Yule log every year as it’s my favourite but this year it wasn’t as good. Definitely drier than usual.

Dh team at work does a Yule log taste test every year where they each go out and buy one and decide which is the best. M&S is usually the winner.

By the time we get to eat our at home dh is fed up with them so more for me 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

We intended to visit all the big 5 and M&S beforehand to get an idea of what we would get from where. We quickly bored of that idea after quick visits to Asda and Tesco and plumped for a load of Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference stuff.

I’ve made notes to buy the following next year if they’re available:
Heritage Raspberry and Sherry Trifle
Clementine and Chocolate Yule Log (I can’t stop thinking about this!)
Cranberry and Port Topped Pork Pie

We didn’t actually get to any of our desserts until the were past their use by date cause the OH’s birthday cake (which was incorrectly sent in the form of a Yule Log - which would have been a complete rip off had we actually ordered that) from Patisserie Valerie lasted so long, but we’re so gluttonous we did a taste and smell check and ate them anyway. We finished them a week after their use by dates and have had no problems other than a bit of wind - but we’ve been drinking Champagne so that could be the issue there!

We only have the Christmas patê and cheese left now. So the wind won’t be dissipated for a while yet!

Apart from the Pat-Val Yule log we didn’t have any disappointing food, I don’t think. We got a refund and they had sent extra mince pies which were beautiful, so we’ve forgiven them! Speaking of mince pies, we loved the 2 different Heston Blumenthal ones from Waitrose and the Sainsbury’s TTD brandy laced ones.

We don’t get expensive meat and veg, we cook all that from scratch on the day but just love to have a nice selection of snacks and sweet stuff to choose from over the festive period as we don’t really bake.
Old 3 Jan 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

We had loads of party food from m&s. We have them every year. I think they've really gone down hill. A lot of them used to have a sauce with them but maybe 1 or 2 did. Apart from a couple they all seemed a bit meh. I think I'll widen my net next year.

This is the first year I haven't bought anything to order from them. We usually get the salmon mousse thing and prawns. Saved myself a fortune by just buying their nice deli prawns (3 for 10) and their normal salmon mousse in a pot. That was nice
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List