Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jan 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Anyone heard of landry card?

Hiya I've heard a landry secret club card gets you seated quicker at some restaurants (bubba gump, rainforest cafe) is that true?
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

Yes we have one. It costs I think $25 which you get back on the card as a voucher to spend at the restaurants. Plus you used to get $25 for your birthday (although I havent seen the emails through about that this year) that stays for the month. We forgot to take it this Christmas (DH conveniently has a December birthday to check) and you get points as well on it.
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes, I have one and have a genuine January birthday next week so have just had my $25 added for my birthday.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've had one for years now,the birthday rewards are still there as I got one for my second birthday in December 😳Before Covid we used to earn a lot of reward points.The manager will come to visit you at your table to make sure everything is ok,getting seated almost instantly is the big bonus though.If you have a second birthday to suit your holiday dates,be aware they sometimes come and sing the birthday song to you 😆
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Hiya I've heard a landry secret club card gets you seated quicker at some restaurants (bubba gump, rainforest cafe) is that true?
Here's a link rom ADR/Restaurant thread section - it's in the "Sticky" at the top. If you follow it through you will find out more information and hope it is useful

https://DIBB.in/3968153
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have also had one for years. The main (huge!) benefit is the ability to rock up to the desk at LSC group restaurants and get the next available table for up to 6 people.

At Easter, when we normally go now it is invaluable. A 45 minute wait became 2 minutes at Bubba Gump.

They have changed some rules so you cannot claim your first use "bonus" (joining fee returned) and birthday bonus on same visit. But the next available table thing is invaluable.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Like others myself and DW both have had Landry cards for a few years now
Never travel without it
Great for getting seated quick
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It's great. I actually have several as like the Queen I have more than one birthday and they happen to coincide with our visits to Florida.

I do hate the manager coming to the table though!

Edited at 02:37 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It's great. I actually have several as like Queen I have more than one birthday and they happen to coincide with our visits to Florida.

Back in the day,some Dibbers used to say us with more than one birthday for the Landry card, were committing fraud 🤦Be thankful the manager didn't arrange the birthday song for you,mortified 😳
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
It's great. I actually have several as like Queen I have more than one birthday and they happen to coincide with our visits to Florida.

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Back in the day,some Dibbers used to say us with more than one birthday for the Landry card, were committing fraud 🤦Be thankful the manager didn't arrange the birthday song for you,mortified 😳
Heaven forbid that we're ever asked for confirmation of our respective birthdays in the dozen or so restaurants that we've had discounts for. Bit worried as I had a "happy birthday email" from First Watch last week.

I used to engage with the Dibbers about to report me to the Florida fraud squad. To be honest we were defrauding them out of a starter costing them a dollar by fibbing about our birthdays but I did't lose a great deal of sleep about it. Especially as one was Longhorn where we've spent maybe $2,000 over the years. Don't feel too bad about the free mushroom starter.

Mick