Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gutshotkid
Looking for my Ears

Universal Studios Hollywood - U18 unvaccinated access

Hi Everyone, new to the forum and first time poster

We are travelling in March to do a Cali road trip as 2x fully vaccinated adults and 2x children who have only had the one dose here in the UK.

Does anyone have any recent advice/experience of accessing US (or other LA attractions) as I’ve read you have to have both doses or proof of a negative test. How are people doing this? I was thinking of taking the NHS LFT but would this work?

TIA
Gutshotkid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You aren’t really supposed to use NHS tests for travelling , that’s not to say people don’t though .

I was in LA last month and never was I asked to show my vaccination status
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have been to Universal this week and on Sunday everybody was asked to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative test. On Tuesday we returned and they did not ask. We are two fully vaccinated adults so I don’t know whether a single vaccination for a child is sufficient (if they decide to ask that day), but I would suspect not.

I am also pretty sure that if they are checking an NHS test would not be sufficient, they would want a verified one. There is a testing site on CityWalk, so I would assume this is where some people are going if they don’t have the vaccination proof.

We have been in our hotel for five days and so far have been stopped twice and asked for proof of vaccination. I think they are quite omicron aware at the moment, I expect it will have passed by March though.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have been to Universal this week and on Sunday everybody was asked to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative test. On Tuesday we returned and they did not ask. We are two fully vaccinated adults so I don’t know whether a single vaccination for a child is sufficient (if they decide to ask that day), but I would suspect not.

I am also pretty sure that if they are checking an NHS test would not be sufficient, they would want a verified one. There is a testing site on CityWalk, so I would assume this is where some people are going if they don’t have the vaccination proof.

We have been in our hotel for five days and so far have been stopped twice and asked for proof of vaccination. I think they are quite omicron aware at the moment, I expect it will have passed by March though.

While I was away it became much stricter and I had to show my proof everywhere - and that included booster . Without it no entry and many places in PS said no medical exemptions so fully jabbed or go elsewhere and that included kids but it was definitely omicron feeding it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you are entering Universal using a negative test, it says on US website that you need actual proof from the lab/test provider of the negative result, either email or text message are accepted. They also have rapid testing on site (can't see how much they charge for that though.)
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gutshotkid
Looking for my Ears

Thank you for the replies. It's now apparent that the NHS test option isn't viable. We may be able to get their 2nd doses in time but does anyone know what you have to show as proof of vaccination?

Us adults have the digital Covid Pass but that's not available for children so would the blue NHS paper vaccine card suffice?
Gutshotkid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Universal ? They wanted to see I had had my booster shot

I guess if your children haven’t had the shots they won’t be allowed in unless you pay out there for a test
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Universal ? They wanted to see I had had my booster shot

I guess if your children haven’t had the shots they won’t be allowed in unless you pay out there for a test
PS a couple form The Netherlands staying in same hotel as me had their booster shots at CVS and used that as proof
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We have a one jab 14yr old and we'd planned to get a test. There seems like plenty of places to get it done. You can't just do a lft. Ours will get his second jab on Feb now so we'll be ok. Are yours not due second doses ?
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gutshotkid
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
We have a one jab 14yr old and we'd planned to get a test. There seems like plenty of places to get it done. You can't just do a lft. Ours will get his second jab on Feb now so we'll be ok. Are yours not due second doses ?
No, not until after we leave. Plus, it needs have been 14 days after the date of the second jab for it to recognised.