Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Endless summer Dockside or surfside

Thinking of booking this for 2023. What are peoples opinions on this hotel? Is it easy to get onto i drive as we won't be driving. What are the pools like? Is there a shallow end for my little girl? What is the food like there and costs. Also is your preference dockside or surfside? Any tips pls! 😀
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Watching with interest as we’re considering Endless Summer for a few chill days during our August trip.

Personally I like the look of Dockside more as the pools look better and we’re primarily going there so the girls can swim.

I nearly pressed book the other day as the prices are so low compared to most of the other hotels we’re looking at but was put off by the reviews on the booking site I was on (it was either booking.com or hotels.com).

Most of the reviews on the first few pages talked about paper thin walls meaning people were kept awake or woken up, and also quite a few people said there weren’t enough elevators and they had to wait for about four elevators to go before they could get in (apparently there are no stairs.)

I get that it’s a budget hotel so things like rubbish bedding and towels (other reviewers mentioned these) aren’t an issue, we’ve stayed at Cabana Bay so know what to expect but I am a bit concerned about the noise issue.

I would be interested to hear from any Dibbers who’ve stayed there whether noise was a problem for them.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just back from 10 days Dockside although we went to see Surfside too (smaller and quieter)
Pools at Dockside are huge. No real shallow end (steps) but splash area for little kids nearby, plenty of seating and parasols but we were there deep winter!
Only ate Food court couple times but reasonable choice and prices
Towels are not quality (partic poolside ones) but served purpose
We had a 2 bed suite Dockside which worked well for our family of 2 teens and parents, could do with more than 1 toilet but 2 sinks were useful plus another sink in kitchenette plus fridge, microwave and coffee machine
In terms of sound I heard more from outside room when we had night at RPR tbh
We loved it there, the buses to Citywalk and parks are very frequent, only really waited one day when we went to VB
Like the fact that easy access allows family members to come/go from parks independently when they want to get back to use gym/pool/bed!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh and access to IDrive easy walk to Walgreens and there are few restaurants walking distance too although we didn’t use them
We used Uber to get a few places but also IDrive trolley right there too
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Just back from 10 days Dockside although we went to see Surfside too (smaller and quieter)
Pools at Dockside are huge. No real shallow end (steps) but splash area for little kids nearby, plenty of seating and parasols but we were there deep winter!
Only ate Food court couple times but reasonable choice and prices
Towels are not quality (partic poolside ones) but served purpose
We had a 2 bed suite Dockside which worked well for our family of 2 teens and parents, could do with more than 1 toilet but 2 sinks were useful plus another sink in kitchenette plus fridge, microwave and coffee machine
In terms of sound I heard more from outside room when we had night at RPR tbh
We loved it there, the buses to Citywalk and parks are very frequent, only really waited one day when we went to VB
Like the fact that easy access allows family members to come/go from parks independently when they want to get back to use gym/pool/bed!
Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. Wish I had just booked it now as it was 20% cashback on Quidco that day 😬😂.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

There are some great videos on YouTube if you search which show all the facilities, food court, rooms etc.

I'm booked for Dockside and looking forward to staying there.
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Most of the reviews on the first few pages talked about paper thin walls meaning people were kept awake or woken up, and also quite a few people said there weren’t enough elevators and they had to wait for about four elevators to go before they could get in (apparently there are no stairs.)
That surely cannot be true? It's illegal isn't it?

Fire regulations would mean there has to be stairs?
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
That surely cannot be true? It's illegal isn't it?

Fire regulations would mean there has to be stairs?
Yes you’re right I’m sure, it’s what a reviewer said but maybe they meant they couldn’t easily find any stairs to their room.

Personally I’d rather take a couple of flights of stairs than keep waiting a while for lifts so I’ll do some more research.
Old 14 Jan 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooooh 20 % cash back wow!
Need to look out for that again if we are going to get back to use our APs. Or will AP rates be better?
Btw there are stairs! We were on 11th floor so used them to get to laundry room 2 floors down but lifts weren’t really an issue, yep sometime bit of a wait but ur on holiday!
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ronnieroobs
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Planning a last minute trip, bit of a budget so these sound ideal.
ronnieroobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List