Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Hi I want to take a photo in front of the sign, ideally with my daughter in said photo is why I think a park would be preferable.

I’m put off of the mall option as it will probably involve one of us needing to use restroom facilities and so I’m guessing these would be INDOORS, having through no fault of her own only received one vaccination this won’t be an option. I ideally would like to do a park the car, pull over and snap the picture option if it exists.

I’m hoping I’m misunderstanding the Griffith park requirements as when I googled it said that a vaccination proof was required as we are good with wearing masks in the park.
We are in LA at the moment. We have not included a trip to Griffith Park in our trip so I don’t know the ins and outs of rules there. But I am not sure that the place you are looking for exists (excluding Griffith Park). We have seen the Hollywood sign at various points as we have been driving around, but I don’t think we could have stopped to take a photo anywhere, these roads are busy!

We haven’t bothered with photos on this trip at all, we did our Hollywood sign photos on a previous trip some years ago, I am pretty sure it was in the mall that Megaflyer and Tink mention.

We have not been asked for vaccination or test evidence in order to enter a shop or a mall, but wearing a mask is compulsory. It is dining venues which may ask for proof of vaccination / negative tests as people take their masks off in these.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We are in LA at the moment. We have not included a trip to Griffith Park in our trip so I don’t know the ins and outs of rules there. But I am not sure that the place you are looking for exists (excluding Griffith Park). We have seen the Hollywood sign at various points as we have been driving around, but I don’t think we could have stopped to take a photo anywhere, these roads are busy!

We haven’t bothered with photos on this trip at all, we did our Hollywood sign photos on a previous trip some years ago, I am pretty sure it was in the mall that Megaflyer and Tink mention.

We have not been asked for vaccination or test evidence in order to enter a shop or a mall, but wearing a mask is compulsory. It is dining venues which may ask for proof of vaccination / negative tests as people take their masks off in these.
I hope that you are having a fantastic time? I was initially unsure whether we would be allowed to enter the park (we are not able/wanting to go inside the building) the park was my original thought of getting a photo. This will be a first trip to the west coast for us having had two trips cancelled and so I would like to get a photo. Failing the park I think the hike sounds good. We are fine with masks I wear them all day at work, my crew survived Barbados in August in masks and so it seems a trip to the shops may be back on. We will time it to not eat as I say she definitely won’t be fully vaccinated.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Whilst I am not a great fan, The Lodge Guys did a good video (one of their better ones) where they parked and walked up to the Hollywood Sign and Griffith Observatory. We intend to do exactly that in summer, fingers’ crossed.

You can walk right up to both, no vaccines required.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Vloggers Jess and Tom have just visited and they went to a park and got some great photos with the sign in the background. I think it was called Lake Hollywood Park.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23

Lake Hollywood Park is where we are planning to go to get photos on our trip
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post

It's definitely on my itinerary, along with catching the bus up to Griffiths observatory.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
It's definitely on my itinerary, along with catching the bus up to Griffiths observatory.
Griffith observatory is one of my favourite places in LA - even advancing an overpriced sandwich and cup of tea on their terrace with that view is a treat (and its the first place I heard then saw a rattle snake ! - it was huge but so beautiful (I am not scared of snakes - thank fully ))
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Whilst I am not a great fan, The Lodge Guys did a good video (one of their better ones) where they parked and walked up to the Hollywood Sign and Griffith Observatory. We intend to do exactly that in summer, fingers’ crossed.

You can walk right up to both, no vaccines required.
Ah thanks for this information, I’m thinking this would be my preferred option with no vaccines required.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Vloggers Jess and Tom have just visited and they went to a park and got some great photos with the sign in the background. I think it was called Lake Hollywood Park.
I will take a look, thank you
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post

This is such a lovely picture