Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 22, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I thought I had already commented on this post as there have been so many similar posts.

I don't think Genie+ is a make or break, if you go at a busy time it isn't great, if you go at a quiet time it isn't needed, if you go in a mid busy then that is when Genie+ works best. Arguably not needed at all at AK or Epcot regardless. Bare in mind that universal and the seaworld parks also have there own versions (more expensive but better).

Personally for me I don't go super often, I went to Disneyland for the first time (along various other things on the west coast), which means the last time I have been Disney World was before avatar was finished, in which a lot has changed at Disney (as well as the other parks), which makes a trip certainly worth while to see the new additions.

I think people need to get use to going less often, to Disney, and maybe Orlando in general, then you appreciate the new additions and change more, as well as it not breaking the bank as much, as you are going less often
There are no quiet times !
In the past Ive been Jan and Feb and its been empty
This year ( I’m here right now ) its the busiest I have ever seen the parks, including spring break, easter and xmas.
The crowds are horrific
Genie + is a disgrace

Wait till you see what its like now as you have not seen it how it is now !
Expensive
Packed
Cost reducing experiences big time
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dpunison
Dancing with Tink'

It isn't just Genie+, its cost cutting everywhere, no trams at HS and AK, it takes the edge off the day when it starts with a walk and then you have to end it the same way. Shows have been cut, lion king, beauty and the beast, the performers still give there all, but the shows are shorter and have less performers, hence arent as good. Then theres the increased cost of food and drink, coupled with reduced portion size.
dpunison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dpunison View Post
It isn't just Genie+, its cost cutting everywhere, no trams at HS and AK, it takes the edge off the day when it starts with a walk and then you have to end it the same way. Shows have been cut, lion king, beauty and the beast, the performers still give there all, but the shows are shorter and have less performers, hence arent as good. Then theres the increased cost of food and drink, coupled with reduced portion size.
I’m hoping the show length/lack of performers is genuinely a Covid measure - after all, keeping large numbers of people in a show for longer must help crowd levels?

Let’s hope so anyway - I’m not generally a show person, but I absolutely love the Lion King 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve decided to bail on Disney this year, Holidays been rolled from 2020 and we’ve got villa booked but going to stick with universal, sea world, busch and probably fun spot. Hoping that will keep us busy for 3 week. It’s not that we don’t have the money i’m just not prepared to line disneys pockets anymore for a sub par experience
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
There are no quiet times !
In the past Ive been Jan and Feb and its been empty
This year ( I’m here right now ) its the busiest I have ever seen the parks, including spring break, easter and xmas.
The crowds are horrific
Genie + is a disgrace

Wait till you see what its like now as you have not seen it how it is now !
Expensive
Packed
Cost reducing experiences big time
It’s still quieter than it will otherwise be compared to say July. I’ve watch vlogs I have a decent idea to how busy it is. A lot of it is pent up demand, the anniversary, and some suggestions that kids that are suppose to be at home because of covid are actually at the parks instead. I imagine after the summer peak period it will die down a bit, probably not to normal off peak levels though.

Originally Posted by dpunison View Post
Trams are coming back, it’s a staffing issue from covid. The shows are also shorter due to social distancing and less performers are again due to staffing. I imagine over time most of that will return to fairly normal, though I could see the show time maybe still being shorter than it once was.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
It’s still quieter than it will otherwise be compared to say July. I’ve watch vlogs I have a decent idea to how busy it is. A lot of it is pent up demand, the anniversary, and some suggestions that kids that are suppose to be at home because of covid are actually at the parks instead. I imagine after the summer peak period it will die down a bit, probably not to normal off peak levels though.

Trams are coming back, it’s a staffing issue from covid. The shows are also shorter due to social distancing and less performers are again due to staffing. I imagine over time most of that will return to fairly normal, though I could see the show time maybe still being shorter than it once was.
Im back in WDW in July, October and November. It will be interesting to see how those months play out.
Im hoping once the 50th Anniversary year runs out things may quieten down.

Im altering my plans for this years next three trips with less emphasis in the WDW parks as they are not pleasant experiences.
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Im back in WDW in July, October and November. It will be interesting to see how those months play out.
Im hoping once the 50th Anniversary year runs out things may quieten down.

Im altering my plans for this years next three trips with less emphasis in the WDW parks as they are not pleasant experiences.
Don't forget the 50th Anniversary goes on for 18 months.

My guess is that the parks will be busier than they normally would up to the end of the US summer holidays. Which means off peak will be busier than it normally would otherwise be. By the end of the summer holidays I imagine the majority of those that want to visit will have, and it will die down a bit. Maybe not to normal off peak levels, but quieter than it has been.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We were really disillusioned with Disney after our holiday in 2019. However, we were there at Christmas and really enjoyed ourselves. We refused to pay for Genie+ or LL, but managed to do what we wanted to. Really missed the FP system.

We were going to go back to Disney in August, but have now changed our plans. Instead we are doing a week at Universal staying at HRH. This will be our 10th visit to Florida, and our 1st without Disney (or a car or villa!). I’m really looking forward to having a different type of holiday, it feels like our 1st trip.

We’ll probably go back to Disney, we’ll see what offers come out for 2023, but if it’s not a great offer we will leave it a couple of years.
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone for your feedback, its really interesting to read the views and will send on to the extended family for consideration.

We are travelling late August in the hope of quieter parks post US schol holidays, so that may help us decide dependant on how quiet it really is.

I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I don't think I'll be doing Disney!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
We were really disillusioned with Disney after our holiday in 2019. However, we were there at Christmas and really enjoyed ourselves. We refused to pay for Genie+ or LL, but managed to do what we wanted to. Really missed the FP system.

We were going to go back to Disney in August, but have now changed our plans. Instead we are doing a week at Universal staying at HRH. This will be our 10th visit to Florida, and our 1st without Disney (or a car or villa!). I’m really looking forward to having a different type of holiday, it feels like our 1st trip.

We’ll probably go back to Disney, we’ll see what offers come out for 2023, but if it’s not a great offer we will leave it a couple of years.
If you were disillusioned at Xmas 2019 (I was there also) you should have tried Xmas 2021. Your disillusionment would have gone off the scale!