Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

So it's been 4 years...WOW a lot has changed!

As the title goes, it's been 4 years and i haven't kept up to date with all the changes

WOW a lot has changed!

I used to be a regular watcher of the usual YouTubeers but can anyone recommend any videos/blogs that summarize the changes? Feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all and desperately wanting to get the joy of planning back!

I'd also be so interested to hear what the biggest change has been for you and how it has affected your planning!
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

I have just returned after a 3 year absence. Aside from COVID changes, the biggest change is Genie+. Its a nightmare if you are an offsite guest and almost useless. The paid "fancy" individual rides often sell out to onsite guests, never once saw Rise of The Resistance available to purchase after the 9am offsite guest window opened. I did manage to get Avatar though.
Other than that, the new lands such as Star Wars, Toy Story and for me Avatar are superb.
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I don’t think you are going to find one vlog summarising four years of changes, as the changes have happened over time and the vlogs tend to be real time.

But here is a summary of what has changed as far as I am aware as an on-site guest. I am not saying everything impacts or bothers me equally.

Free parking has ended and also free Magical Express transfers from the airport (I had personally never used either of these perks).

The dining credit deal is far les generous than free dining deals, as two adults, I would guesstimate it has about a quarter of the value, for a family this will be even less as the dining credit is per room not per person. Restaurants can be booked at 60 days rather than 180 days, the shorter window is not an issue on its own as it is the same for everybody, however these days ADRs are harder to get anyway due to staffing levels.

Mouse keeping is limited.

The big one, fast pass system replaced by a Genie + system. The main impacts of this: cannot book any fast passes at 60 days, no longer get first three fast passes each (now called lightening lane) has to be booked individually, cannot get more than one fastpass for any attraction in a day, the most popular attractions need to be either paid for individually or accessed via standby.

As an offsite guest, the fast pass / Genie+ is the only change I can think of.

Edit:

Sorry I realise that the above are all negatives, unfortunately most of the changes do feel negative. But on the positive, Toy Story and Galaxy’s Edge would be new, possibly Pandora? The Skyliner went live just over two years ago. The Space restaurant looks good, but hard to get a reservation.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The roads have changed as well due to moving the entrances to HS and traffic In general is a lot heavier . Where are you staying ? New Walmart on the 192 .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

Some things never change - Tron is STILL under construction...
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Edit:

Sorry I realise that the above are all negatives, unfortunately most of the changes do feel negative. But on the positive, Toy Story and Galaxy’s Edge would be new, possibly Pandora? The Skyliner went live just over two years ago. The Space restaurant looks good, but hard to get a reservation.
Thanks for your reply!

Changes are always going to have a negative affect on some people, especially when the changes such as Genie + are such huge differences.

But yes, since my last visit they've opened Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge and the Skyliner so I'm really looking forward to experiencing those. Luckily Pandora had just opened on my last visit. Whilst I love the rides, I'm quite happy to just explore the parks so i think i just need a fresh outlook on things and go in with no expectations!
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The roads have changed as well due to moving the entrances to HS and traffic In general is a lot heavier . Where are you staying ? New Walmart on the 192 .
Ah that's interesting! I wasn't aware they'd changed the entrance to HS.

We are staying on Sunset Lakes, just off the 192 so the new Walmart will be paid a visit!
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I'd suggest watching the recent vlog series (still ongoing) from Adam Hatten. He's pretty good at pointing out things that have changed and practical details for people going, especially from a UK perspective
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Molly at All Ears has been very good at explaining Genie Plus, IMO. Although if you're calling them Fancy Rides, I suspect you may already be watching her!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We’re back to WDW after last going in 2010…. That’s a whole lot of catching up to do… But I will enjoy every minute of doing so… 😁