Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mobys mum View Post
Oooh ! More votes for Bay Lake Tower and Boardwalk. I must say ease of access is hugely valuable and worth factoring into the equation.
Thanks
I've got BLT/BWV booked at the beginning of March, and will be doing a live trip report if you want a first hand view of the resorts.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We have in the past done
Boardwalk and AKL
Boardwalk BLT
Next trip Boardwalk and SSR in a Treehouse.

So far would vote Boardwalk and BLT if it’s for park access. Walking back from Magic Kingdom rather than having to wait for a bus late at night is great.
Thanks Tree houses look supercool !
My original plan was Boardwalk & AKL combining the best of both worlds, one for easy park access & AKL just because I loved it !
Decisions,decisons..but I have some time to decide
Im hopeless i like bits about them all !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I've got BLT/BWV booked at the beginning of March, and will be doing a live trip report if you want a first hand view of the resorts.
fantastic !
will look forward to it
Have a great trip
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

The only thing that would make me do a split stay was choosing a moderate or value and then doing a deluxe for the other week so I could have a balcony.

My preference would be CSR and Contemporary or Pop and Contemporary.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

fantastic !
will look forward to it
Have a great trip
Thanks
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

This summer we’ve got Gran Destino and WL as a split stay. Not really a fan of the Crescent Lake resorts though I can see their advantage transport wise.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
AKL is a great resort, but for a split stay what are your priorities? 2 adults without kids, do you want to be able to do "stuff" at night? Options then are Boardwalk area, consider Swan or Dolphin or for a bigger nightlife choice Saratoga or Port Orleans or Old Key west. I really think that the ability to literally walk 5 mins into Disney Springs is often overlooked!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
This summer we’ve got Gran Destino and WL as a split stay. Not really a fan of the Crescent Lake resorts though I can see their advantage transport wise.
I Love the WL theming, dark wood similar to Poly and AKL by Crescent Lake to you mean Swan & Dolphin etc ? I guess if the price was a steal I might consider but I can see I would prob be less likely to choose than alternative WDW owned Resorts.

Ive been looking at the tower type hotel too like Bay Lake ,Riviera and Gran destiny and they do appeal less to me so maybe Im making progress in my decision making !

Its really great to look at the other suggestions though as I can be quite blinkered I think.I am led off in the direction of something that is overtly Disney because I am a child at heart.
I have always never been drawn to the contemporary & my thought years ago was it resembled a concrete block but the more I see of it recently the more I like it and I love the incredibles theming

I do like some of the interior and aesthetics of Riviera tho and Gran Destiny is beautiful. I think I'm not sophisticated enough perhaps for some environments and prefer rustic over sparkly !

Edited at 03:19 PM.
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I Love the WL theming, dark wood similar to Poly and AKL by Crescent Lake to you mean Swan & Dolphin etc ? I guess if the price was a steal I might consider but I can see I would prob be less likely to choose than alternative WDW owned Resorts.

Ive been looking at the tower type hotel too like Bay Lake ,Riviera and Gran destiny and they do appeal less to me so maybe Im making progress in my decision making !

Its really great to look at the other suggestions though as I can be quite blinkered I think.I am led off in the direction of something that is overtly Disney because I am a child at heart.
I have always never been drawn to the contemporary & my thought years ago was it resembled a concrete block but the more I see of it recently the more I like it and I love the incredibles theming

I do like some of the interior and aesthetics of Riviera tho and Gran Destiny is beautiful. I think I'm not sophisticated enough perhaps for some environments and prefer rustic over sparkly !
Crescent Lake is all the Boardwalk area resorts - so Boardwalk, Beach & Yacht Club (and the attached DVC properties) plus the Swan & Dolphin.

Funny, I have loved Contemporary since I first learned about it as a child (I loved the construction used and the interior monorail - still do ) but really went off because of the Incredibles theming. And it's not because I'm anti-IP, the Moana rooms boosted my opinion of the Poly. But all I see is Walmart decals when I look at the new CR rooms.

I'd still recommend CSR even if GDT doesn't appeal. Some of the non-tower areas lean more rustic, especially the Ranchos section.

Edited at 03:33 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
AKL is a great resort, but for a split stay what are your priorities? 2 adults without kids, do you want to be able to do "stuff" at night? Options then are Boardwalk area, consider Swan or Dolphin or for a bigger nightlife choice Saratoga or Port Orleans or Old Key west. I really think that the ability to literally walk 5 mins into Disney Springs is often overlooked!
Sd
good question...
So Nightlife as in good eating options would be more of a priority but staying out late and partying is not..early bird def not a night owl !
I can definitely see the appeal of the Resorts near to Disney springs for this reason, less likely to go for SSR having stayed there previously with my boys, and would like to give something else a try. I did look at OKW Allears Vlog and I can see the appeal of this asa contrast to my original AKL option but i gather its a bit further of a walk than SSR but there is a boat.
Originally when I joined The Dibb in 2012 I really wanted to stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts -OH is not so keen on the theming of these and Boardwalk sadly and prefers CSR.
Boardwalk for the location would be a good contrast I thought but maybe if we are not night owls it would be the best match.
Thanks for your input ! Really helpful
I love the Dibb, its like thinking aloud and lots of little voices offering great ideas