Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 22, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

My husband went private to see a neurologist, fortunately that neurologist worked for the NHS. He admitted DH to his hospital within two weeks for treatment under the NHS.
Hope all goes well this evening.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
My husband went private to see a neurologist, fortunately that neurologist worked for the NHS. He admitted DH to his hospital within two weeks for treatment under the NHS.
Hope all goes well this evening.
Thank you

We got a report of the scan from the GP yesterday to take to the appointment this evening, and unfortunately it does not make for good reading.

I don’t understand most of it, but the radiographer is very concerned and the GP has requested an emergency admission.

Trying to keep positive for my daughter, but not really sure how I’m going to get through the day
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Sending a very big hug xxx
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending you big hugs, I think the worst part is not knowing, when you have spoken to someone and you know the road you are travelling it makes things easier to understand.
Thinking of you all xxx
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sending best wishes. My daughter, now 17, but 16 at the time, had a 9 cm cyst removed 15 months ago. Went through same investigations, ie blood tests for cancer markers, and had an open surgery when they also removed one ovary and one small uterus (she had double rudimentary uterus) and another small cyst from other side. I can only tell you she recovered very quickly. Had 3 nights in hospital but I think would have been out sooner but her bowels “went to sleep”. From memory I think she had to have four weeks off school. She had a follow up ultrasound six months later and was then discharged.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Hi, I just wanted to add some positivity here and wish you all the best.

My fiancée went through this same thing in mid 2019. The cyst was removed along with one of her fallopian tubes. She was also diagnosed with PCOS.

In May 2020, just a couple of weeks after returning from Florida, we found out that she was pregnant with our daughter. It may seem scary but I hope it works out for the best like it did with us.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Hopefully she won’t lose her ovary, but if she does, don’t worry. I had a history of infertility and lost a tube to an ectopic pregnancy in my late 30’s. I thought it was the end of the road, but I went on to have my miracle baby when I was 40! I did have Clomid, which is a fertility drug, but I fell pregnant on the second month.
That one Clomid what i had I fell pregnant with it.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Sending positive vibes for your daughter and you all this evening
Hope the appointment goes well and you have a treatment plan discussed with you
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you again to everyone for your kind replies and also to those that sent me private messages ❤️

The appointment went so much better than we expected tonight, the consultant we saw is the lead clinician for gynaecological cancers in our health trust so he hopefully knows what he’s looking at.

He was very concerned on reading the report and wanted to scan her himself, once he did he was much happier and in his opinion it’s definitely benign.

He also thinks he can do the surgery laparoscopically and that he will be able to save her ovary.
He said her other ovary doesn’t look too bad either, just slightly on the wrong side of normal and he certainly can’t see why she would have any problems with fertility in the future ❤️

When she gets her blood results back, if the marker levels are elevated (which he doesn’t think they will be) she will have surgery within 2 weeks on the NHS, if they’re not it would be approx 3-6 months, and if that’s the case we will pay privately as it could be in the middle of her exams or when we’re going away in the summer.

The cost at the local hospital is about £4500 which actually wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated.

The doctor was so lovely and really spent a lot of time with us answering questions and explaining everything in great detail.

Just as a side note he did say they are seeing people for non urgent surgery now that we’re referred in 2015, so people have been waiting 7 years now, which is really scandalous.

Now settled down and having a glass of wine to relax 🍷
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Hi. So glad the appointment went well. I hope your daughter feels more confident, now, too. Sending buckets of pixie dust for the outcome she needs xx