Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am in a similar position replacing a very rotten shed - its 5ft x 5 ft and sites between my house and 2 x fences.
I wouldn't consider an overlap shed - our last one was and within a year the panels had warped and the wind blew through the shed.
The advantage of a wooden one over plastic (as far as I can see) is you can put hook/nails into the frame to hang stuff on.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Sadly Keter don't make one in the dimensions I need to fit the space so it has to be one of those two in my first post. I only have 6ft width and I need the largest I can so 6 x 10 is perfect
Looks like the plastic one is my best bet - it will be in a dip with hedges on two sides so very wind protected and in my horses' field so I won't be looking at it out of the house window.
Plus, I just thought, ponies will chew on a wooden one probably
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
And literally like Magic an E Mail from Costco just now!

Keter Artisan 7ft x 7ft 2" (2.1 x 2.2m) Shed
Item #1142613
Online Price £899.89
Less - £150.00
Your Price £749.89
Price valid from 24/01/2022 to 13/02/2022. While stock lasts
Shipping Included
Yeah I saw that one but it won't fit 6ft is all I have
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Keter Darwin is 6ft x 8ft if that helps

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We bought a keter shed last year. It’s great, has stood up to high winds which blew our fence down. It was easy to put together, just dh and I, and I am mainly in the supervisor category. I’m not at home at the moment so can’t post a pic, but makes the garden look better than when we had an old wooden shed there. I think it measures 8 by 6 we had to extend the concrete base for it.
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

We’ve just ordered a Keter 8x6 shed for £459 from Amazon……

Deal of the day: Keter Manor Outdoor Garden Storage Shed, Beige, 6 x 8 ft amazon/dp/B015J60I...FQVAPMRBEB3GXV

I’ll let You know what it’s like once it arrives.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Sadly Keter don't make one in the dimensions I need to fit the space so it has to be one of those two in my first post. I only have 6ft width and I need the largest I can so 6 x 10 is perfect
Looks like the plastic one is my best bet - it will be in a dip with hedges on two sides so very wind protected and in my horses' field so I won't be looking at it out of the house window.
Plus, I just thought, ponies will chew on a wooden one probably
Amazon have the 8x6 on offer!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Wooden - I have just been in mine to make room for cases of bubbly and the wood smell cant be reproduced - something about a wooden potting shed that is just so British and fabulous

our hunters used to nibble on anything including asbestos sheets (back in the day when sheds were made of it - 1960s) and I am sure they would eat plastic as much as wood.

Edited at 03:53 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve got a plastic one by Lifetime at our place in Florida. It’s seen 3 summers there so far and looks brand new. Nothing has deteriorated with it at all. I think you can get them in the U.K.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

A couple of years ago the wind picked up our Keter storage bunker (two doors and a lifting lid, full of garden furniture) which was located in a very sheltered part of the garden. It smashed the fence panel and concrete post and base to pieces. Passers bye picked up all the pieces (and the furniture) from the road and put them on the front garden for us to find the next morning. Not one piece of the shed was damaged and it is now in an even more sheltered position with a few flags on the floor.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List