Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fingerscrossed
A Guest at All-Stars

Flight of passage ILL

We're (fingers crossed) going to be in WDW in early April. Was thinking of getting a FOP ILL in Animal Kingdom on our first day and rope dropping another ride. I don't think we'll bother with Genie+ that day and probably won't stay late as will be jet lagged...

We have not been before, so was wondering whether we'll miss anything worth seeing/experiencing in the FOP standby queue? Would it be better to rope drop it? Thanks!
fingerscrossed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's a pretty cool animatronic in standby that you'd miss. That's about it. I certainly wouldn't queue a long time just for that.

The rest of the park is DEAD first thing though, so I'd probably rope drop FOP since you'll be up early and able to get a good place in the queue. Assuming you're onsite that is. When I was there at the end of November, I could have easily rope dropped FOP (I was fourth in line at the tapstiles) then walked on Navi both in early entry.

I don't actually ride FOP but Navi was on a delayed open so would have had time to do it while I was waiting. Then over to the safari for park open.

Edited at 06:27 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I did this screen grab yesterday. This was done 18 minutes after rope drop to non onsite guests to allow for getting to the ride

Wait was already 90 minutes.
Old 25 Jan 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
fingerscrossed
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks both- we will be onsite (Swan Reserve) but I might get LL anyway as I think will be super busy. Will decide nearer the time!
fingerscrossed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Not to be a Debbie Downer but FoP ILL is a bit of a sore spot for me 😂. Our first day at DAK I got one at 7 am for a suitable time no problems.

On our second DAK day, FoP didn’t go live with all the other reservations at 7 am for some reason, don’t know if there was just a glitch that day. Once I saw they weren’t available at 7, and since we were park hopping to DHS later, I bought Rise and a Slinky Genie+ knowing how important it was to secure those early. But when I checked back again afterwards at about 7.15, the return times for FoP had opened and were already too late in the day (around 1.30 IIRC) for us to be able to book it since we were park hopping to DHS and had other plans for lunch first.

I know OP is planning to rope drop as an on-site guest but my advice to everyone booking ILL is to be quick and keep fingers crossed for no issues if you need a morning time due to plans later in the day, especially when it’s busy.

For our next trip I think I’m going to come up with some plan B scenarios for the rides that are most important to us if the booking system doesn’t go our way (MDE is glitchy especially if you’re relying on Disney wifi) and / or times don’t work for us. FoP is my favourite ride at WDW and I was disappointed to only ride it once last trip because of how things worked out.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Booked FoP LL yesterday at 9am and the earliest time available to ride it was 3.50pm. 100 minute standby queue at that time.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It may be different now but in my experience FoP is where everyone goes at rope drop so even first thing a large queue builds up. My plan is to ILL every time we’re at AK because I don’t want to miss out. We’d probably rope drop Everest.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It may be different now but in my experience FoP is where everyone goes at rope drop so even first thing a large queue builds up. My plan is to ILL every time we’re at AK because I don’t want to miss out. We’d probably rope drop Everest.
I also plan to ILL FoP every time, but I will try to rope drop Na’vi as I love that ride.

I think it is good that the parks try to make some queues more interesting, but there is no way I would ever deliberately join a queue just to see it. It is a consolation prize if I must join a long queue.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Booked FoP LL yesterday at 9am and the earliest time available to ride it was 3.50pm. 100 minute standby queue at that time.
What is the earliest time of day an onsite guest can book an ILL please?
Thinking specifically of FoP.
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
What is the earliest time of day an onsite guest can book an ILL please?
Thinking specifically of FoP.
7am for onsite guests for both ILLS and Genie+
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List