Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jan 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Lbv condo hotel or villa

Hi
Travelling to Florida for first time with husband 2 kids and baby. and I am wondering if better to book one of the apartments at lbv resort and spa or blue heron resort as seem to have plenty of space and be close to Disney and restaurants or go for a villa so have own pool/space etc but further away from Disney/restaurants (was looking at villa in terra vista resort).

Is there a better option out of lbv resort and spa and blue heron beach resort in terms of closeness to Disney or amount or restaurants nearby? If go for a villa is it an easy drive to Disney?
Thanks for any help
Rainey82 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

Condo is a great compromise.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have stayed at LBV Resort and Spa twice
Lovely place and could not fault it
But apart from Frankie Farrell’s Irish pub onsite there isn’t a restaurant within walking distance
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a look at grande villas resort 2 bed 2 bath condo close to loads of restaurants and Disney springs
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all hadnt realised there were not places to eat within walking distance. Will check out the grande villas
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have stayed at LBV Village resort and Spa before and am staying again this Easter. I have generally used villas in the past, but really like this set up. If you look at a map, the drives to all parks Disney and Seaworld areas are very easy indeed.

This place is a great compromise between Villa and Hotel, giving you the privacy ( room) of a Villa whilst having a great, fun pool and chances to interact with others. You may also find yourself having to take time out from the parks due to the age of your 3 children, yet not want to abandon the day completely for everyone.
The 3 bedroom apartments are large and well equipped, the pool a good size and safe along with a pirate ship at one end.

There are restaurants within walking distance, dependent on how far you are prepared to walk.
Having said that, we generally hire and use a car throughout. This is a relatively quiet area in which to drive, with both a gas station and a Walmart very near.

There is ample car parking under the accommodation blocks, thus keeping the car interior cool (important).

I cannot comment on Blue Heron, but would certainly recommend LBV resort and Spa.

Map of area showing distances to a decent selection of restaurants plus Gas Station. Walmart is just below.

Further map showing easy and short route to Disney Springs and thus, Disney.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:42 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Thanks so much this is really helpful
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I appreciate that you are travelling for the first time and that the whole Orlando thing is new.

Clearly with children, Disney is crucial with the character interactions, sights to see etc etc. There is ‘magic’ there for children, plus you may not be involved in the queueing for the bigger rides. (I do not know the ages of your other two).
That first day as you approach the Magic Kingdom entrance and can see the Castle in the distance, you will never, ever forget, particularly at rope drop when the train pulls into the Railway Station and the Characters get out.

May I suggest a further ticket? A Discovery Cove non swim (or swim dependent on the ages of your other children). This represents great value, particularly if you shop around with the aid of DIBB posts.
DC is a fabulous day with all food and drinks thrown in. Even if the children not swim, there are life jackets provided and even wading in the Lagoon with rays swimming around your legs is amazing.
Tickets include Seaworld, where the shows are excellent.
The beauty of these parks is that they are more relaxing as well as less crowded than Disney ones. You may find yourselves preferring them.
A DC ultimate includes Busch (big Coasters and a Safari) as well as Aquatica, but these may not be necessary, given what you already have. The Safari in Animal Kingdom is excellent as are both Disney Waterparks.

Hoping that this helps with what probably appears an already complex planning operation. I assure you that in fact, all is remarkably simple for a family group, particularly if your children are not large enough for the big, sought after rides.

Top tip… get a car. Driving is simple and it simply gives you great flexibility as you deal with the trials and tribulations of taking your children to an experience that will be out of their normal comfort zone. I would not consider it without one unless staying on site.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That first day as you approach the Magic Kingdom entrance and can see the Castle in the distance, you will never, ever forget, particularly at rope drop when the train pulls into the Railway Station and the Characters get out.
Unfortunately the train show has gone, they run out from the castle now. Still cute, but not as memorable.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Unfortunately the train show has gone, they run out from the castle now. Still cute, but not as memorable.
I stand corrected. As you may well know, whilst very regular to Orlando, I no longer trouble the mouse.

My boys are now 15 and 19. I might now have a different view, were they 4 and 6 years old!