Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

TUI v VA

Having only ever flown Virgin, totally out priced us as a family of 6 TUI however not bad prices ! Besides Florida airports is there much difference ( economy class )

Thanks in advance
Old 26 Jan 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Having only ever flown Virgin, totally out priced us as a family of 6 TUI however not bad prices ! Besides Florida airports is there much difference ( economy class )

Thanks in advance
Its better in my opinion. Love the Dreamliner.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

MLB airport is a dealbreaker for me but if you're planning on hiring a car anyway, I think it's fine. Economy is much of a muchness across all Transatlantic carriers.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Any reason that you haven't asked about BA in your post? They've beaten Virgin by a considerable amount for our last 5 or 6 trips.

Mick
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Any reason that you haven't asked about BA in your post? They've beaten Virgin by a considerable amount for our last 5 or 6 trips.

Mick
haven’t looked to be honest do they fly direct from Manchester
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
haven’t looked to be honest do they fly direct from Manchester
No they don't I'm afraid if that is one of the conditions.

Mick
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
No they don't I'm afraid if that is one of the conditions.

Mick
It is to be honest, but thank you
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

Forgot about Aer Lingus. They now go MAN - MCO but not sure if year round.
Old 26 Jan 22, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I flew TUI a few years back, no real problems, dreamliner is a nice plan. I don't think they were maybe as friendly and didn't have the extra touch that virgin do, but for the price difference I can deal with that.

One of the main differences now is they fly into MLB, private transfers are expensive and may eat into any savings you have gained on flights, if you are hiring a car shouldn't be too much of an issue.

One other thing to bare in mind is that TUI normally only fly a couple of times a week, whereas virgin have multiple flights a day, so in the case of a delay/cancellation it may not be resolved as swiftly as with virgin. My flight with TUI was delayed several hours on the way home, thankfully it said this fairly early on in the day, so we just ended up staying in the parks longer (and also claimed for the delay which ended up making the flight basically free).
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

TUI have some great prices but any savings seem to be eaten up with the extortionate cost of actually getting to Orlando. The free coach if you book a package takes ages and taxis are very expensive. If you book flight only and not driving it’ll be a nightmare.

I’m sure once the car hire prices come down it will be a good alternative for the fly drive option.

In terms of flight experience, it’s a Boeing aircraft so will feel different to Virgins Airbus. I don’t believe they have much in terms of complimentary drinks compared to Virgin as they like to sell products more.

All transatlantic airlines are pretty much the same offering. I would always book whatever is cheapest but MLB is definitely a dealbreaker for me personally, atleast until car hire is more affordable again.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List