Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not a chance.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I was in exactly the same dilemma (and posted a thread on here) but i have since paid, infact more than yours would be,i paid £58 each way (so £348 in total )..i didnt care about rushing through (although i hate that part when everyone is anxiously waiting) but for me i suffer with claustrophobia and am an anxious flyer and for some bizarre reason i feel at ease sitting near the front so for me i felt i wanted to start the journey feeling relaxed..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I’d say no and spend if elsewhere! I’ve only just paid £45 to book on the return from Orlando with BA, never paid before and only did so as the flight was looking very full. I need an aisle seat as I’m always off to the toilet due to kidney issues but I wouldn’t have bothered had there been plenty of seats left.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
It’s a NO for me
£90 just to sit further up the plane 🙄🤦
That’s a meal out one night of your holiday or 2 weeks of Dunkin Donuts for breakfast 🇺🇸❤️🍩
Love this! I’m now wondering how many doughnuts my seat booking with BA would’ve got me 😂😂
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Where you sit could be irrelevant if your cases are first on and last off the plane.
The family 40-deep behind you could be on their way while you wait for luggage.
So, I'd say keep the £90 and spend it on something nice.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Keep that £90 and by a Figment popcorn bucket 🤣……
You’ll be waiting forever at baggage carousel anyway!
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Nope not a chance - I refuse to pay for seats together in fact I am quit hopeful that as im going with my um, sister and 8 year old niece I wont be sat with them this year lmao and can have a peaceful flight!

I do at check in request an aisle seat due a medical condition which means I need the bathroom frequently - if they are unable to oblige with that seat then it sucks for the person who I am sat next to

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I actually did recently pay the £30 each for seats but mine were in the middle of the plane and right near the toilets! haa. IBS, a small bladder and 2 small children, it was piece of mind for me. I thought the children could then jump around on their seats and recline without disturbing any one and god forbid there's turbulence, we are all close to the toilets. Once on a flight to Vegas we had turbulence most of the flight to the point i was desperately holding my bladder, then would run to the loo and the seat belt sign would pop back on before id even sat down!

I have sadly even had a bad ibs day on a flight home so spent alot of the flight too and from a toilet.

Edited at 10:28 PM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No for me, we have been sat at the front of the plane, flown through immigration just to wait 20 minutes for the carousel to start up and then for our luggage to be last up the ramp onto it, I would rather have the money in my pocket
Old 27 Jan 22, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
Would you pay extra to sit nearer the front of the plane on a virgin flight? Currently got 3 seats together at the back of the plane but can pay £30 each to sit further forward and get off the plane quicker in Orlando
It's personally relevant Sasha, if you can afford it and want to be nearer the front of the cabin you have your answer, you need only please yourselves