Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Apr 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
not sure on the reaction of sharing a drink, you pay $3 for a drink that costs them a few cents each refill, a table of 10 could share and have 2 drinks each and the place would still not lose money on it
I think it is the spirit of the free re-fill, it is not intended to be shared.
If you can't manage a full soda, by all means share, but don't expect a refill. If you can't afford two, have water

If the free refill is abused, I am sure it will be withdrawn or replaced with bottled products.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Can anyone else get Bob Evans website?

I simply get: Website cannot be reached...

Can only think it must be my virus software etc as every other site is fine?
It’s like the Publix website, it doesn’t like visitors from overseas either.

I switched my VPN to a US server and I can get into both Bob Evans and Publix.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

If you want the experience of dining at a table service restaurant in Epcot then Via Napoli is a good choice. You could easily share a large pizza between the two of you and would only cost about $16 each
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
not sure on the reaction of sharing a drink, you pay $3 for a drink that costs them a few cents each refill, a table of 10 could share and have 2 drinks each and the place would still not lose money on it
It costs significant money to run a restaurant and they go bust constantly because of slim margins, theme park margins are a different animal though
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sometimes the prices in "economy " places to eat aren't much cheaper than better places, especially for just two people
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I know that I said a few posts back that GC has polarised opinions on here for years but I did wonder where the supporters had disappeared to.

As two seniors we pay around $19 for two breakfasts at GC compared to about $25 at iHOP, Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel.

An interesting fact though is we only had dinner there once in 4 weeks last Nov/Dec and the bill was $36.94 for two. The next day we had dinner at the Ovation Bistro and the bill was $35.81. At Ovation Joan had lamb chops and I had Tilapia Imperial. Won't bother with GC for dinner again.

Mick
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Sometimes the prices in "economy " places to eat aren't much cheaper than better places, especially for just two people
Rob
Rob

Exactly our experience in Ovation from my earlier post.

Mick
Old 17 Apr 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tj+alana
Apprentice Imagineer

Dont think i would go out of my way but if you were near a Costco you could visit their food counter.Pizzas are huge and hot dogs are great,very cheap.Not sure if they still allow you to enter without a membership but thats what we used to do.
tj+alana is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Little Fox
I want to go now!

I believe its Dixonsontour that have brilliant trip reports eating on a budget. I found them incredibly informative when I was planning our holiday
Little Fox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are two adults, we don't eat that much when in the states but love plain and simple food.

Good All rounders we will visit on a couple of occassions
Sweet Tomatoes (sign up for club veg on their website - great value, and birthday offers)
Hooters/Buffalo Wild Wings (Boneless wing Thursday is great value, we will eat until we are stuffed with soft drinks and a full tip for about $15 in total for the two of us).
Panera Bread, especially for breakfast

Mid priced, good food for mains
Logans and Texas Roadhouses (costs us about $20 per person for shared starter, main, and drinks)
Millers Ale House - very big portions
We share a dessert (as a main) at Toothsome at Universal, their $12 desserts are enough to share between the two of us and we feel very full. So that works out as great value (no so much if you go for the chocolate stout!)

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in Millers on 192 this week. The special was only about 6 dollars and plenty to fill us up! DH had fish and chips, I had chicken Alfredo and left some! No room for dessert! Bob Evans is always good. golden Corale is good value, not fine dining, of course.
We have grabbed a pizza from Target to cook in the villa. Not to save money, just for a chill meal when we have been out all day. 3.50 dollars gets you a 12 inch size.