Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jun 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lee-Anne View Post
I took these through LAX for my son a few weeks ago. No problems.
That’s good to know. Did you just declare as cereal bars.
Previous posts on here thought may be a problem.
Ours are for a vegan back up till we get sorted there
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
That’s good to know. Did you just declare as cereal bars.
Previous posts on here thought may be a problem.
Ours are for a vegan back up till we get sorted there
Yeah, no problem with them at all... also had some nutri grain bars and all was good

Problem was DW also had a satsuma in that bag ! ... I told her to leave it on the plane but she had it in the same bag and thought she could bin it between the plane and immigration - there are no bins though!

So... after asking the immigration guy what we should do with the satsuma he held onto my passport and took the whole family through to another holding room as we had contraband - with some dodgy looking people in it I must say

I had to go alone and get the cases and bring them to the holding room where they were all scanned for any other contraband... 10 mins later passport was returned and off we went, different start to the holiday!
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Yeah, no problem with them at all... also had some nutri grain bars and all was good

Problem was DW also had a satsuma in that bag ! ... I told her to leave it on the plane but she had it in the same bag and thought she could bin it between the plane and immigration - there are no bins though!

So... after asking the immigration guy what we should do with the satsuma he held onto my passport and took the whole family through to another holding room as we had contraband - with some dodgy looking people in it I must say

I had to go alone and get the cases and bring them to the holding room where they were all scanned for any other contraband... 10 mins later passport was returned and off we went, different start to the holiday!

What a start . Similar happened to me leaving Austria last year. Totally forgot I left a yogurt in my bag, which I had just put on top while I ate a sandwich. We were called urgently to gates in a different area so just shoved everything away.
Security having a field day with me as I kept saying nothing in bag ! Oops, my hubby was fuming with me. After a telling off i crawled away. Never going to live that down

Good news about the bars though. Just going to list as cereal bars
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post

What a start . Similar happened to me leaving Austria last year. Totally forgot I left a yogurt in my bag, which I had just put on top while I ate a sandwich. We were called urgently to gates in a different area so just shoved everything away.
Security having a field day with me as I kept saying nothing in bag ! Oops, my hubby was fuming with me. After a telling off i crawled away. Never going to live that down

Good news about the bars though. Just going to list as cereal bars
DW won’t do that again... so embarrassed and upset she done it
No problem with the fruit and cereal bars though
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I suspect they didn't twig that Nakd bars were not cereal bars but actually compressed fruit and nuts. If they had, I doubt they'd let them in.
Old 3 Jul 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee-Anne
Getting Excited

I didn’t even declare them 😅 air hostess said they’re fine

Edited at 07:48 AM.
Lee-Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
deb10
Trying for More Ears

Hi, I just saw on instagram that they’re selling the Nakd bars in Target 🎯😀
deb10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List