Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Aug 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I believe that you may not be overthinking just overstressing.

I refer to lane numbers as I would over here. Lane 1 being the one next the hard shoulder, lane 3 nearest the central crash barrier. But obviously the other way round as you drive on the right over there.

Lane 1 on the right of three, lane 2 in the middle, lane 3 on left.

Pay cash tolls on 408, 417 and 429 are usually off lane 1 which allows the quicker non-stop traffic using Sunpass to zap past in lane 3.

The advance sign will also confirm which lane to stay in

Mick
I did have to read it a couple of times but I do get it 👌🏻
I can't get the sunpass because I don't have a CC so cash will be fine. I still have change from last year anyway and I'm sure I'll accumulate more throughout the holiday
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
Is the fat left lane, lane 1? I won't be doing 80mph in any lane lol do they have fast and slow lanes then like here? I'll choose the slow one unless I need to go on another. I think I'm just overthinking things really 🙈
I did have to read it a couple of times but I do get it 👌🏻
I can't get the sunpass because I don't have a CC so cash will be fine. I still have change from last year anyway and I'm sure I'll accumulate more throughout the holiday
Going back a few posts I did say that I wasn't sure how Sunpass works with a DC. Maybe they do as Tom says and put a hold on it for a few quid. They allow you to have it swiped at the barrier so they must be happy that you pledge $$$ to it.

See what they say as you drive out of SFB. If you choose to book with Andy I'm sure he'll give you a definitive answer.

However if you only use 417 to and from the airport (2 x $8 say) why not stick to cash.

Mick
Old 10 Aug 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Mobile

Sorry to reply so late. I'm just trying to book the car hire and it wants me to add flight arrival number but won't accept it. It says to put a space between the letters and number and still won't work. Could anyone help please? TY
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Sorry to reply so late. I'm just trying to book the car hire and it wants me to add flight arrival number but won't accept it. It says to put a space between the letters and number and still won't work. Could anyone help please? TY
Hi welcome back. Not sure if I can help immediately but who are you booking with and which car hire company?

Mick
Old 10 Aug 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hi welcome back. Not sure if I can help immediately but who are you booking with and which car hire company?

Mick
No worries I've done it now. I did it with the above link discount Florida car hire and with Alamo
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
No worries I've done it now. I didn't it with the above link discount Florida car hire and with Alamo
Excellent. Now you can relax and look forward to a fantastic holiday.

Mick