Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Oct 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I think it’s a nice addition to the plans. We usually have a cocktail with a TS meal anyway, so this is a little perk. I see no way one free drink would encourage drunken, loutish behaviour? As for those enquiringabout the alcoholic drink for breakfast, the thread I saw, had someone enquiringly about getting the drink in a closed vessel ie can or bottle and saving it for drinking in their room later. I see no problem with that either, I have been tied to a hotel room when my kids were little and needed to sleep, a free wine or beer would have been lovely and lots of threads on here are about money saving tips and the free alcohol saved for later in the room is one of those tips. If you don’t want alcohol, your choice, then fine, but pleased don’t label all of us as drunken alcoholics, just for having a free drink on the dining plan, it is a holiday after all.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I enjoyed the occasional cocktail with dinner, never drank with lunch. What I did find a little disrespectful were some of the t-shirts I saw in Epcot.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

I will be very pleased to have a cocktail included with a table service meal when we return. I definitely wouldn't be drinking in the day as it makes me feel rubbish, no issue with those that do. I didn't see any drunken groups at Epcot when we were there but that would be what would concern me more than one drink with dinner. I can't see the inclusion of alcohol as a problem as it's a small amount, it a welcome change for us.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List