Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amidude View Post
I will definetly change my mind! If i am presented something more than opinion or uk anecdots.

I am not a uk law student, hence tire.
As you are not a UK law student, or, indeed, possibly not a UK citizen, has it crossed your mind that UK bought Fl/US car hire may be subject to adjusted T&C's? One doesn't require a Harvard law degree to ponder whether Brits/Europeans are subject to contractural differences.

I'll quote the T&C's, again, from a UK agent that are relevant to a UK citizen taking Fl car hire. Note the very bottom line, just in case you missed that first time. Well, colour me happy, $2.50 a day for Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and from a US insurance provider.

In line with all rental companies, none of the rental companies cover the following items, so you would need to cover these costs yourself:

Flat Battery
Damage caused by putting the wrong fuel type in the car (e.g. putting diesel in a petrol car)
Broken Windows
Tyre replacement (e.g. hitting a curb. Covered if worn)
Key replacement if you loose the key
Roadside assistance if you lock yourself out of the car
Damage to underside of vehicle if you are found to be driving 'off-road' which is not permitted
Damage to the roof of the car if you place goods on the roof
Damage to the interior (caused by spilling drinks, cigarette burns in seats etc)

You can pre-pay for coverage for many of these issues for $2.50 per day at EnhancedRoadsideAssistance
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
No, it wasn't a reference for UK car hire, it is a quote from the terms and conditions provided by a UK car hire agent who contracts US hires. This may come as a surprise; I know the difference between European and US car hire T&C's. I am unable to place a link for the company as it contravenes Dibb rules regarding advertising.

Quite frankly, with your arrogant attitude, you appear to have selected a good career choice, law will work very well with your argumentative belief you are 100% correct and offensive remarks to others re grammar and punctuation... but, before you get too embroiled you really should take a look back at some of your own scribes regarding same.
I wasn't the one that started making it personal, and basically insulting on the grounds of my "studies" and call me names (self proclaimed legal expert). Yea, my grammar is not the best, but I still try my best to make it legible.

I could care less what a UK hire for US car hire says, unless you book through them, then obviously their T&C's count. AGAIN, I asked if there is anything to suggest in the T&C's of Hertz or Alamo that tires are not covered. And EVERYBODY starts talking about personal expierence and anecdotal stuff, when it's clearly not what I asked. This conversation has turned pointless.

Let's look at what actually matters: courts, laws, and T&C's (by Hertz or Alamo).

For instance, MA LAW:
(5) If a collision damage waiver is purchased, only the following may be excluded from the protection of the collision damage waiver:
Source: malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section32E1~2

Well, none of the exclusions mention tires, screen, undercarriage or etc.

But this is pointless, I never intended to argue. I just wanted to know, whether there is anything in the T&C's (Alamo/Hertz) that states what is covered by the CDW/LDW, not opinions.

Thank you and Bye

PS: I thought it would help everybody, if I got to the bottom of this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amidude View Post
I wasn't the one that started making it personal, and basically insulting on the grounds of my "studies" and call me names (self proclaimed legal expert). Yea, my grammar is not the best, but I still try my best to make it legible.

I could care less what a UK hire for US car hire says, unless you book through them, then obviously their T&C's count. AGAIN, I asked if there is anything to suggest in the T&C's of Hertz or Alamo that tires are not covered. And EVERYBODY starts talking about personal expierence and anecdotal stuff, when it's clearly not what I asked. This conversation has turned pointless.

Let's look at what actually matters: courts, laws, and T&C's (by Hertz or Alamo).

For instance, MA LAW:

Source: malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section32E1~2

Well, none of the exclusions mention tires, screen, undercarriage or etc.

But this is pointless, I never intended to argue. I just wanted to know, whether there is anything in the T&C's (Alamo/Hertz) that states what is covered by the CDW/LDW, not opinions.

Thank you and Bye

PS: I thought it would help everybody, if I got to the bottom of this.
You missed many points here - you began the personal remarks re Duncan and his grammar and punctuation. Duncan is one of the most helpful chaps on this website, but he doesn't mince his words and that can be misconstrued. The rule; if you can't take it, don't give it, springs to mind, so please, don't now play the sympathy card.

If you couldn't care less what occurs regarding hiring US motors via a UK agent then why, as a non Brit citizen, are you asking on here, a UK forum? As a general rule of thumb Brits hire via UK agents, we then abide by the T&C's as set down by the agent/car supplier. There's no argument here, it's apparently different for you/your location. There is no 'bottom of this' to get to, car hire T&C's/excess reimbursement has been discussed and dissected on here for years, you had nothing new to present. We appreciate you want to know about Alamo/Hertz T&C's, always worth bearing in mind, Google is your friend.

You certainly had one segment correct, your conversation was pointless, all you achieved was an attempt to insult Duncan, which Dibbers will not tolerate, we appreciate his, amongst others, valued advice, hence why you are receiving the sharp end of my keyboard... thank you for dropping by, please, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As the prosecution have nothing further to offer your honour, defence rests.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread